Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Cut notches in the fire ring??

@rjfalski had a post with 4 butts on 2 grids (here is the post).

I noticed that the main grid appears to be sitting a couple of inches below the gasket level and inquired, and he was kind enough to post some pics of his setup. Notice in this pic:

The fire ring has notches so the plate setter sits lower, thus allowing more room above.  I'm intrigued by this as it seems like a great idea.  I haven't seen before, and I wonder if it might be a "custom job".  For all of you that are handier than I- what could one use to cut a fire ring without damaging it.  Jig saw with diamond blade?  

This seems like a cool mod because if you want to go indirect but have more room above you could put it in the notches.  If you want the grid at the gasket level simply rotate the plate setter where it is not in the notches.  

@rjfalski- hope you don't mind the hijack of your pic ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
2014 Wing King's Apprentice

Comments