Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,251
    I belong to a private club called TVTorrents - turned a bunch of friends on to it, many of them still use it.  Used to have a dedicated server.  Haven't done that for years, we just pay a lot of money to the cable company anymore.
    :((

• cazzycazzy Posts: 6,518
    edited June 2013

Saw WWZ at Canal Place.  F*ckin' awesome.  What was even nicer was, I hadn't been to this theater for a few years and they remodeled it, and it's insanely posh.  Chairs were like first class section in a plane.  We had a waiter and a menu.  Ordered a charcuterie plate that was insanely good.  Bridget order a cheese plate.  Microbrewery ale and red wine in actual wine glasses.  Waiter had a portable card scanner, we never had to leave our seats.  Probably only 50 seats in the whole theater.  First class, if you're ever in NOLA check it out - it's right on the edge of the Quarter by the aquarium on Canal St.

Dude, we are Dexter freaks.  Can't wait.

I really like the way they did it man. It was definitely unique for being a zombie movie. The only mistake they did was do the stupid post conversion 3D. I hate these damn directors who decide to post convert after the fact. The execution is just not there. The only post convert that I like was Top Gun. Shoot that chit in 3D and get results like Amazing Spider-Man and Avatar!

That theater sounds like our draft house cinemas here in SA. It's legit when there is a full menu and table service in a movie. We have had a few team lunches at the movies because of these types of theaters.
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
    This was 2D...Avatar was ridiculous in 3D...guess it was shot that way.

I'll have to check that out next time I'm in SA.

Just to mix things up....Photoshopped pr0n

Lmfao

That's why I threw out tv and movies. What other subjects haven't been covered?

Pr0n! Check, Nola gots this!
    I got drunk last night and ordered one of these.  Got great reviews on Amazon.  Watch the video...this thing is magic.  Ordered it from woot (respiffed).

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BES900XL-Automatic-Espresso-Machine/dp/B005I722YC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372309234&sr=8-1&keywords=Breville+BES900XL

http://home.woot.com/offers/breville-the-dual-boiler-espresso-machine

$700 off Amazon's price...  who can't pass up a deal like that?  And this be-otch weighs 30 pounds.  It's a work of art.  No room in the kitchen...I'll have to put it in the dining room.  (SWMBO is gonna KILL me!)

$700 off Amazon's price...  who can't pass up a deal like that?  And this be-otch weighs 30 pounds.  It's a work of art.  No room in the kitchen...I'll have to put it in the dining room.  (SWMBO is gonna KILL me!)

Honey, I've always had that! This is when I would buy my wife a new wallet or something. Lmao
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 1,988
    Damn, I'd be all over that if I drank coffee besides alcohol fueled beverages before noon kickoff tailgates.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,227
    Have any of you guys seen the price of tea in China???

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,365
    Haven't seen the price of tea in China but MDSH and I have been cleaning out closets and purging stuff and I came across a hospital bill for the birth of our son some 42 years ago. $452 for a 5 day stay in the hospital. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,227
    Hi Mom !!!

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,365
    That's funny. One of the son's favorite shows is the Simpsons the other is the Beverly Hillbillies.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,131
    Nola I was eyeing that yesterday too. I know nothing of diy esspresso so I was skeered to pull the trigger without obsessing and researching about it for a while...but it looks great!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 877
    This is what I bought last night.  I can't wait for it to get here....
    pocket hose.jpg
    1102 x 281 - 81K
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,632

Does anybody know what temp and time I need to cook the brisket off one of these suckers? I was thinking 250 for a coupla days...and should I foil the ribs?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 877

Griffin said:

Does anybody know what temp and time I need to cook the brisket off one of these suckers? I was thinking 250 for a coupla days...and should I foil the ribs?

I'd freezer that thing 'til you get your XXL.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
  • FortodayFortoday Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    I'm a big fan of apple tvs and buying content on iTunes for tv shows. Most of the time it's fine, but sometimes I want to watch a show now(no cable) and iTunes doesn't have the show I. E. Dexter. I'll have to wait till the fall to order it on iTunes.
    Wwz was OK, the ending sucked . Haven't seen top gun in 3d. I can't imagine it being that great. I have a passive 3d tv so I can make any blue ray in 3d.if the video is native 3d vs. Post convert it looks better then if not
    Shoot, logged into wrong account..

Um. Dexter and cable sucks. Bantha poo doo
    Fortoday said:

I'm a big fan of apple tvs and buying content on iTunes for tv shows. Most of the time it's fine, but sometimes I want to watch a show now(no cable) and iTunes doesn't have the show I. E. Dexter. I'll have to wait till the fall to order it on iTunes.
    Wwz was OK, the ending sucked . Haven't seen top gun in 3d. I can't imagine it being that great. I have a passive 3d tv so I can make any blue ray in 3d.if the video is native 3d vs. Post convert it looks better then if not

Top Gun is the best post convert ever done. I hear Titantic was great, but I'll never watch it.
    I'll have to pick it up. Titanic was pretty good. Most of the 3d movies we own.. Are sadly kid movies. I enjoy them, but I Def. Need to add some more manly movies. Also I had family members in the ships in top gun(since production crew used the navy ships)
  • sticks88sticks88 Posts: 94
    I'll stick with what Norman Greenbaum says. But I'll make sure I'm dressed like The Doctor and the Medics.
    Did he sing  "Spirit in the Sky"?

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

Fortoday said:

I'll have to pick it up. Titanic was pretty good. Most of the 3d movies we own.. Are sadly kid movies. I enjoy them, but I Def. Need to add some more manly movies. Also I had family members in the ships in top gun(since production crew used the navy ships)

That's obviously just my personal opinion, but I have many nerdy friends who feel the same way too.

The other one to own if you don't already is The Amazing Spider-Man. It's up there with Avatar!
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 5,817
    thetrim said:
    This is what I bought last night.  I can't wait for it to get here....
    Congrats...

I was born with one of these though...
    I do have amazing spider man. Prometheus has some gorgeous scenery as well.. Not the best movie but the 3dness is great. Now stop it, I'm not being a good troll
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,676
    I have the most violent, foulest, bout of gas right now.  Hope nobody walks into my office.  It'll make you throw up.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,131
    I disagree Yem.  I am winning that contest at the moment. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,781

sticks88 said:
    I'll stick with what Norman Greenbaum says. But I'll make sure I'm dressed like The Doctor and the Medics.
    Did he sing  "Spirit in the Sky"?
    Yes

Best thread ever!
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 1,609
    I'm not on facebook but my wife is. No contest...this is way better. If I didn't have an egg I would like to hang here. Learned about dog shaming from my wife who is on facebook and reddit. New bernese pup ate our raw burgers off the counter last night. pics to follow.
    Reminds me of the time we went out with some friends for some BBQ (in my pre-egg days) and returned to a house that had a black lab.  I don't know what the heck she was thinking, but one of the ladies we were out with decided to lower her take-home tray of BBQ to the level of the lab's nose.  

I have never, ever, seen a whole tray of BBQ disappear so quickly.  One second and it was inhaled.

This story seems to fit perfectly in this thread, BTW.  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Okinawa, Japan
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 346
    Three young kids in my house.  My lab is parked under the dining table waiting for his moment of glory.
    Mamaroneck