Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• FurallFurall Posts: 103
     I would be in on fantasy football as well. Would be fun to take money from cazzy.
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,267
    edited June 2013
    Furall said:

I would be in on fantasy football as well. Would be fun to take money from cazzy.

I'm a feel drafter, so don't worry, I won't study or do a single mock draft!

I should be easy money!
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
  • So you are the troIl of fantasy football?
    LBGE and recently added SBGE
    Columbus IN
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,221
    Huh? Keyboard sticky caz or are you in the bag again?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 1,955
    I'd be more then willing to run it, but I'm not a money guy when it comes to distribution on the information super highway. I normally collect money from participants, put it into a bank account that I have and distribute after the season. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

So you are the troIl of fantasy football?

Yeah, sure.
  • I can't say much. I have enough trouble watching the games. I certainly don't have time to try and play fantasy as well. I really want to but just haven't gotten there yet. As my 6 year old boy slowly converts from Disney Jr. to ESPN, I think I will get there.
    LBGE and recently added SBGE
    Columbus IN
    edited June 2013

I'd be more then willing to run it, but I'm not a money guy when it comes to distribution on the information super highway. I normally collect money from participants, put it into a bank account that I have and distribute after the season. 

Yeah, it's difficult on a forum. It doesn't have to be money, just some type of incentive to keep people interested. Most free leagues, people don't claim waivers, or substitute players.

So after, week 4, you start seeing some weird line ups or gimmes.
    I have an idea...it could be for local rubs and sauces ;)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,550
    Dude, I think your time machine needs calibration.

I can't say much. I have enough trouble watching the games. I certainly don't have time to try and play fantasy as well. I really want to but just haven't gotten there yet. As my 6 year old boy slowly converts from Disney Jr. to ESPN, I think I will get there.

I only play football, but it's a total investment the entire season. My wife knows my routine during the season and is always annoyed until the winnings come in.

7 teams was lil much last year, so I was pretty much busy all week.

It changes the way you look at football, so enjoy it while you can. I hate rooting for players on teams I hate, but it happens. It does increase knowledge about player personnel though. You'll know players by name for every team.
     At work when we want to play one and not fight we do not allow trading. Just play waivers and what you draft. That sound good?
    Dude, I think your time machine needs calibration.
    Hey man it was only an idea

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Furall said:

At work when we want to play one and not fight we do not allow trading. Just play waivers and what you draft. That sound good?

Not a fan of that. We just need a league vote with a commish veto (if available). Trades are subjective, but the egregious trades are pretty obvious.
     When you have that many teams you often find yourself playing against your other players. Hard to get excited about one guy when hes effing your defense in another league.
    Furall said:

When you have that many teams you often find yourself playing against your other players. Hard to get excited about one guy when hes effing your defense in another league.

I definitely had a few if those. Lol

I had weak QBs in most and played match ups until Kap helped put me out in the playoffs. My core guys on most of my teams were AP and Mega. Got AP in the 2nd or 3rd round in several leagues. I also play PPR.
     I always end up with 2nd rate QBs myself. Peterson was still there in later rounds in ours also. Everyone thought he would struggle due to ACL. Wish I had a crystal ball. lol. I like PPR format myself. Curious about Tavon Austin up in STL.
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 505
    edited June 2013
    Fantasy BBQ Competition? Don't watch a lot of footbal.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    Huge football fan but I've never played fantasy.  I'm sure I'd hate sleeping even less than I do now ;)

Huge football fan but I've never played fantasy.  I'm sure I'd hate sleeping even less than I do now ;)

You'd do well at it. Honestly, I could draft a shitty team and still compete with waiver wire pick ups. It's all about management and match ups.
    I'm game, let me know what pans out.  Can't wait until NFL reg season starts, obviously I'm a huge Saints fan.   PS - F Atlanta :D

Alright, started a new fantasy football thread.  Wouldn't want to derail this thread from the awesomeness of racism, weather, cats, dogs, cooks, and random thoughts. Where is MDB? I'd love to see his draft board.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    Speaking of fantasy, I should probably drop Hernandez from my team....
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

WalrusBBQ said:

Speaking of fantasy, I should probably drop Hernandez from my team....

No, keep him! He will be a beast on his prison team!
  • this is finally the thread to surpass swing rack and "brisket......how I do it". this is just awesome. Stream of consciousness at it's finest

Did anyone watch World War Z this past weekend? Or how bout Man of Steel?

Figure we need movies in this thread!

I liked Man of Steel, but it also felt like I was watching part 3. Really makes me wonder what's next to come.

WWZ was better than I thought it would be. Z's were really fast!
    Oh, who's looking forward to Dexter??

I also can't wait for Sons and Breaking Bad!! Woot woot!
    Can't wait for Sons, it's the only show that I follow during football season.  Really would like to get into Dexter, but can't justify Showtime.  I refused to subscribe to a movie channel for a few years once the Soprano's ended. But Game Of Thrones pulled me back in.
    edited June 2013
    Saw WWZ at Canal Place.  F*ckin' awesome.  What was even nicer was, I hadn't been to this theater for a few years and they remodeled it, and it's insanely posh.  Chairs were like first class section in a plane.  We had a waiter and a menu.  Ordered a charcuterie plate that was insanely good.  Bridget order a cheese plate.  Microbrewery ale and red wine in actual wine glasses.  Waiter had a portable card scanner, we never had to leave our seats.  Probably only 50 seats in the whole theater.  First class, if you're ever in NOLA check it out - it's right on the edge of the Quarter by the aquarium on Canal St.

Dude, we are Dexter freaks.  Can't wait.

Can't wait for Sons, it's the only show that I follow during football season.  Really would like to get into Dexter, but can't justify Showtime.  I refused to subscribe to a movie channel for a few years once the Soprano's ended. But Game Of Thrones pulled me back in.

Game of thrones episode 9 was freaking wild!!!!! Wow

There are plenty of ways to get your dexter fix without subscribing to showtime. Just saying. :P