Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I need a pulled pork rub recipe that doesn't contain any peppers--no cayenne, no paprika...

I'm trying to cook pulled pork for someone with unusual food allergies. "Nightshade" spices are totally off the list. That's cayenne and paprika. It also eliminates tomatoes, tomatillos, eggplant, and a few other things... but for purposes of rub engineering, cayenne and paprika hurt the most. 

The entire dish also needs to be grain and gluten free... no wheat, rice, corn, corn syrup, etc. If I can figure out a good rub that would go with Eastern NC style vinegar sauce, I should be good to go. 

Working without paprika and cayenne has me stumped. I guess I'd start with salt, pepper, granulated garlic... seems like there ought to be more to it, though. 

Then again, a brisket might be a better idea. 

Any ideas? 

Comments