Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So I go to my dealer today....

Options
Needed to reload on Dizzy Pig and some Butt Rub and I wanted to pick up a med grate for my new grid extender. I ask for the med grate and my dealer says he had a few folks come thru asking for them and I explained the group buy. He says "why don't u get the BGE Grill Extender, it's cheaper than a med grate"? I say I bought one a year ago and it didn't hold up very well. He says "take this one for free, and text me pictures of your old one". I say ok, and thank you!! So I send him the pics and he says he's glad to help. To say the least i was a bit surprised. He says come back anytime w warranty issues. So, I still need a grate for my extender. Maybe try a Weber grate from the Depot. Gotta love the warranty and great customer service.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Good way to get a long term customers- nice to find excellent customer service
    Greensboro, NC
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wow, I wish my dealer was as good as this... I had a few issues from the get go and I think I have been flagged as a difficult customer.

Options
    I would take as much of my business to that dealer that I could. Great customer service.
    Cookin in Texas
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    That kind of customer service is great.  as paqman said " i wish my dealer was as good as this"..  I said the same thing!!
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    I took a buddy of mine in there and he dropped $300 on Eggcessories, I think that got me a few points. And they still carry Wicked Good.... B-)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Great story! My dealer called me this past Saturday to ask me how to egg a beef tenderloin to surprise her husband with a new egg and dinner for Father's Day. Loved it!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Lowflyer said:
    Needed to reload on Dizzy Pig and some Butt Rub and I wanted to pick up a med grate for my new grid extender. I ask for the med grate and my dealer says he had a few folks come thru asking for them and I explained the group buy. He says "why don't u get the BGE Grill Extender, it's cheaper than a med grate"? I say I bought one a year ago and it didn't hold up very well. He says "take this one for free, and text me pictures of your old one". I say ok, and thank you!! So I send him the pics and he says he's glad to help. To say the least i was a bit surprised. He says come back anytime w warranty issues. So, I still need a grate for my extender. Maybe try a Weber grate from the Depot. Gotta love the warranty and great customer service.
    The steel lower charcoal grate for a 22in Weber worked a perfect on my large. It measures approx 17in and is heavier gauge steel than the cooking grate. Best part it was only about ten bucks.

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    Gonna give that Weber grate a shot.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Lowflyer said:
    The steel lower charcoal grate for a 22in Weber worked a perfect on my large. It measures approx 17in and is heavier gauge steel than the cooking grate. Best part it was only about ten bucks.

That's what I use as a lower fire grate in my XL.  Buy two, sandwich them together at a 90 degree angle to cross hatch.  Tack weld them in a few spots and done!  You have a high flow fire grate for under $20.

I produce SS304 fire grates for the Small, Med, and Large......I haven't even attempted one for the XL since this Weber trick is so much easier and cheaper.  I couldn't even get the raw material of the XL grate under that.

• Lowflyer
    Options
    Now I get to really see how good my dealer is... This just happened:
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    OK, OUCH! For the disaster. But most excellent service from your dealer about the extender.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    I'm hoping he lives up to his end of "come see me w any warranty issues", he knows I didn't buy it from a dealer. We shall see. Right now she's performing nicely at 375 w 2 bone in chicken breasts and 2 ears of corn.
  • Lowflyer
    edited June 2013
    Options
    These guys are the best. Showed him a picture and walked out w/ this:
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Lowflyer said:
    These guys are the best. Showed him a picture and walked out w/ this:
    That's great!  Who is your dealer? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Lowflyer
    Options
    Roswell Hardware.
  • hoffmand
    hoffmand Posts: 105
    Options
    I thought that was the largest charcoal I'd ever seen until I realized you had a small egg :)
    Cedar Park, TX