Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,223
    Finally heading home. My wife said I got a big package... I said thank you. Hehe... Hope it's from my elf. It could be that new Tennessee Vols vibrator. Big Orange and plays Rocky Top when you score.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,730

Glad ya like it NOLA! Sorry in the delay in posting my haul from you NOLA, got your treasure chest last Thursday but was busy prepping for a weekend contest. You did me right. Every one of these is new to my pantry. I am seeing blackened walleye in my very near future! Here's my haul from NOLA everybody.

How 'bout this for a *bump*....

HELL YEAH!  My elf (Scott aka @scooter759 ) delivered!   Got all this fine stuff and he's dragging a couple more items.

Three Little Pigs BBQ Rub
    Cookies Bar "B" "Q" Sauce
    Fusion Vintage Merlot gourmet salt
    Wee Willy's Mongolian BBQ grilling sauce
    Braswells's Merlot Wine Sauce
    Bootleg BBQ Sauce
    Wee Willy's Cuban Mojo grilling sauce
    Colorado Spice Chang Mai Fish and Fowl seasoning
    and a foodsaver bag of his own creation

Awesome!  Thanks man! ^:)^

Really glad yall decided to do an independent exchange!  Great idea and thanks for sharing with us!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • Chubbs said:

Some good stuff going across state lines in this thing.

I don't mean to correct you Chubbs, but the Canadian branch of the family is really playing hardball! What a cornucopia of good stuff from everyone!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,029
    cazzy said:

@MrCookingNurse Are you going to post pics finally? I know you got it already!

Don't you fret. Ill post pics the second it arrives!! @-)

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·

cazzy said:

:-? I swore it said you signed for it. Let me check again, I mean, let me have your elf check tracking again.
    ·
    cazzy said:

cazzy said:

:-? I swore it said you signed for it. Let me check again, I mean, let me have your elf check tracking again.
    You better be pulling my leg? My new address??

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,017
    ruh roh

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,063
    Still anxiously awaiting my elf....  I sent mine off but I don't think that elf is on here anymore
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
    edited June 2013

cazzy said:

cazzy said:

I could be wrong, maybe it was another male nurse...
    ·
    edited June 2013
    thetrim said:

Still anxiously awaiting my elf....  I sent mine off but I don't think that elf is on here anymore

From your draw on greeneggers:

My secret elfster is Steve "the trim " Trimborn. From Tampa Fla. His package was way over abundant. However I am a blessed person with His gifts. The libations are gone very taste. Pirate Jones rubs and sauces aplenty. Also other asst. stuff. Thanks a Heap Steve. The Thetrim did gooooood.Milesofsmiles.

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1324105&catid=1

Mickey posted about it a week or so ago. I asked for a pic, but I think I recall him saying something about hatred of photbucket. Lol
    ·
    cazzy said:

cazzy said:

cazzy said:

I could be wrong, maybe it was another male nurse...
    Ugh got me again...

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    I shipped mine today. Someone is in trouble.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,017
    I shipped mine today. Someone is in trouble.
    I can see the note....

"As you can clearly see (if you had a microscope), the sodium chloride crystal structure in the rub is cubic, and it has the expected melting point of 1413 C, which signifies a high degree of purity..."

:))

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I've heard good things come to those who wait.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Bump

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,352
    Are we ever gonna get to see Cazzy's package?  The suspense is killing me!!!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 873
    edited June 2013

@SmokeyPitt, I don't ever want to see Cazzy's package. Now what he shipped in the BBQ Rub exchange, yes. His package, nope.

=))
    ·
    I will pay to see Cazzy's package, as long as he wears a viking helmet.
    ·
    My elfster better post there gift soon! I want everyone to enjoy my package...
    ·
    edited June 2013

@SmokeyPitt, I don't ever want to see Cazzy's package. Now what he shipped in the BBQ Rub exchange, yes. His package, nope.

=))
    Pictures of @Cazzy 's package will be posted as soon as I get home from work tomorrow night, I hear it's on my doorstep  :-O

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    This was a really good idea I think :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,121
    I returned home today and look what was in the mail box. Thanks @Canman1976, I'm looking forward to trying these googies, eh!!
    elf.jpg 183.7K
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·

=))
    Pictures of @Cazzy 's package will be posted as soon as I get home from work tomorrow night, I hear it's on my doorstep  :-O

:D
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,643
    billyray said:
    I returned home today and look what was in the mail box. Thanks @Canman1976, I'm looking forward to trying these googies, eh!!
    The ones on the left from épices de cru are really good and always fresh

billyray said:

Glad they made it in one piece. Newfoundland to California is quite the distance!!!
    The epices de cru are really good spice blends.I love the  ethiopian berber blend especially on chicken:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
    It's all in French man :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,549

·
    You should be in bed my son. Isn't it 12:22 there? :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,549

You should be in bed my son. Isn't it 12:22 there? :D
    Just got off work at midnight and tempted to fire up the egg for the fun of it !!!!

·