Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,386
    if your inlaws are cheap frugal people that hate everyone,, then yes they are yankees, but those cape coddahs are anything but that. i would be surprised if they are piecing together an old wooden boat in their back yard
    :)) check the medicine cabinet and see if they have disposable razors, i dont even understand the concept of buying something that you throw away
    :)) yankees are getting pushed up north to a line we will not cross....canada
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,980

if your inlaws are cheap frugal people that hate everyone,, then yes they are yankees, but those cape coddahs are anything but that. i would be surprised if they are piecing together an old wooden boat in their back yard
    :)) check the medicine cabinet and see if they have disposable razors, i dont even understand the concept of buying something that you throw away

They're pretty frugal and aren't part of the Cape Cod nouveau riche. My wife's grandfather ran a camping/sailing summer camp for kids there for many years. My father-in-law doesn't think you've actually had a real day on the boat if you haven't had to stop to fix something that broke. There are no disposable razors.

The week that we visit probably accounts for 50% of their garbage and recycling output for the year. ...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·

Foghorn said:
    They're pretty frugal and aren't part of the Cape Cod nouveau riche. My wife's grandfather ran a camping/sailing summer camp for kids there for many years. My father-in-law doesn't think you've actually had a real day on the boat if you haven't had to stop to fix something that broke. There are no disposable razors. The week that we visit probably accounts for 50% of their garbage and recycling output for the year. ...
    well they could be yankees. doesnt sound like the stuck in traffic at the bourne bridge crowd in their electric car
    :))
    ·
    Nah. They are the "bad mouth all the visitors from NY/NJ who ruin the cape for the locals" type.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • AcnAcn Posts: 630

I grew up in Maine, and we always said "Why do they call it tourist season if we can't shoot thme?"

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
    Couple of days away. Bravo folks Bravo!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 1,670
    DOMA?  More like DOA.  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, breaking bad.  
    ·
    to make this thread useful, maybe some history lessons should be included. most of the guns, gunpowder, and cannons used to start the revolutionary war in the battles of lexington and concord were acquired by new hampshire patriots in a raid of a fort armory in portsmouth nh
    in raids against fort william and mary. nobody ever reads about newhampshire and the britts, massachusetts gets drunk and throws tea into the harbor and gets all the credit
    :)) heres what really started the war
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_William_and_Mary
    ·
  • best thread ever......god this is great.

·
    God's on another thread right now. Try and stay on topic.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited June 2013
    God's on another thread right now. Try and stay on topic.
    are you sure he's not watching this thread too, the internet must take up too much of his time if he has to read every post
    ·
  • God's on another thread right now. Try and stay on topic.
    are you sure he's not watching this thread too, the internet must take up too much of his time if he has to read every post

I wonder if his fire has ever gone out in the middle of the night or if his briskets have ever turned out a "little dry in the flat part". Just curious

·
    C'mon man, God can read way fast

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,040
    edited June 2013

It helps when he knows what you are going to write before you are even born. Duh.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    I don't have any free will, so everything I write is the will of god.  So worship the proxy of god, non-believers.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,950
    I don't have any free will, so everything I write is the will of god.  So worship the proxy of god, non-believers.
    I don't have any free will either. SWMBO told me to say this.

"What's that honey?"

Gotta go...
    ·
    Fred isn't going to like this thread, not knowing the big picture, but he'll understand the grand plan (and it is GLORIOUS), one day when he enters the big-green-egg-in-the-sky.

·
    Good idea to get racism, religion and politics into one thread doncha think? I am sort of an idea guy after all.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • this way i don't have to scour the entire forum for the good bits. i can just have this thread streaming live at all times.

·
    One stop shopping folks, and you can only find it on eggheadforum.com!  (applause!)

·
  • I don't' think we've even touched on politics yet. the upside here is tremendous. How about that landmark Supreme Court Ruling yesterday? Discuss.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,950
    I'll stick with what Norman Greenbaum says. But I'll make sure I'm dressed like The Doctor and the Medics.
    ·
    i dont know, maybe if everyone posts at the same time at midnight then maybe a few could get away with murder
    >:)
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,352
    So if there is no free will then everything is His idea.  He is sort of the idea man.  Wait!!!!??? 

In Little Stephen we trust. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
    I like all people, regardless of sexual orientation bla bla bla.  We're about freedom.  Let everyone do what they want and don't discriminate against them.  Everyone should be considered equal.  DOMA is too much government.  Back off.  Don't tread on me.

·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 1,670
    I don't' think we've even touched on politics yet. the upside here is tremendous. How about that landmark Supreme Court Ruling yesterday? Discuss.
    I'd prefer to discuss the landmark ruling today.  I have Limbaugh on in the background, and I think it's quite possible he's gonna blow his gasket.  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, breaking bad.  
    ·
    Come hear Uncle John's Band

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

SmokeyPitt broke the code!

I thought we were going to have to recognize a Fibonacci sequence before we got to this point.

San Antonio, TX

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,352
    I have been spending too much time here.  I just noticed I typed "...may not meat our timelines..." in a business related email.  I hate it when I F' up a homophone.  

...that's homophone, not homophobe.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·

Foghorn said:

SmokeyPitt broke the code!

I thought we were going to have to recognize a Fibonacci sequence before we got to this point.

Indeed.  I must admit that I do use the "golden ratio" with salt-sugar in rubs....and brines.

·