Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Monday's Meals

R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,522
Marinated some lamb loin chops overnight, gave them a coat of DP Red Eye Express rub and then put them on the Mini for a roast.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Pulled them off when their IT hit 110-115 and removed the Mini Woo & drip pan to prepare for a quick sear. CI grid was already on so it took just a couple minutes for the Mini to jump up to almost 600. Gave the chops a sear of about 1 min per side.

Pulled them off with ITs in the upper 120s to low 130s & let them rest a few minutes.

Love the flavor of the Red Eye Express rub on lamb. It was a tasty lunch.

Dinner was Stir-Fried Beef & Tofu, a recipe from the Breath of a Wok cookbook, and could probably be considered OT as admittedly I didn't cook it on an Egg. I used my Tao wok cooker with my 20" wok. I thought maybe I could double the recipe (sized for a 14" wok) in the 20" wok but found the area for the coals in my Tao a little too small (less than 9" in diameter). I could definitely double the recipe in my XL Egg but it'd use more lump.

Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
Bay Area, CA

Comments