Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonight: Scallops, Raging River, Woodford & A Burned Foot

WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Well, we have not had the opportunity to egg in awhile so we decided to do a quick cook tonight: seared scallops. Prepped with white wine, splash of EVOO, and a proper dosage of Dizzy Pig Raging River. I got the egg up to 550* with RO and just a few wood chips. Tossed them in the wok on a raised grid and cooked 2-3 mins on each side. 

I was cooking south carolina style (without shoes) and on my first flip the sole of my foot was crunching down on something and it felt cold. In a nanosecond I realized a coal jumped out of the bottom vent and was on the deck. PAINFUL.

After nursing my pain with a little more Woodford we enjoyed a delicious meal with potatoes and zucchini. No pain, no gain.

The camera still made it out:

------------
Beers & BBQ

·

Comments

• EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    looks good!
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when working out, we always said, "no pain, no gain."

Nice looking cook either way, love that woodford double oaked.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,812
    right on!

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,259
    Where the burned foot pic? No pics...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 281
    The burned foot never happened if no Pics!
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Love the sc style!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nice looking meal! Hope the foot heals up quickly.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Looks great! Goo goo Ga joob!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 372
    Was your bottom screen open?
    ·
  • That looks fantastic! Hope the foot is better.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Badge of honour like no eyebrows or one eyebrow.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Don't know how the "foot" finished, but the scallops look perfect!! Very nice.
    ·