Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs on the Large

Options
wingfoot
wingfoot Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking ribs again this weekend. So far, I've only done three racks at a time. I'd like to do twice that many. I've got a regular rib rack. I've seen the circular rack that someone on here has, but I don't have a setup like that. Any ideas? [p]Mike

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    766adc5c.jpg
    <p />wingfoot,[p]Maybe coiling them? I've done 4 racks like that, 6 may fit. Or you could arrange three racks together in about a 15" circle, poke a hole in the ends and tie with butchers twine. Several coils may fit in the middle of the circle. [p]Happy Trails[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • bigmikej
    Options
    wingfoot,
    Just cut the 6 racks in half and space them around the grill, somewhat overlapping. This has worked for me. Just rotate them periodically.

• wingfoot,[p]You could cook them on top of one another. Place one on the grate flesh side down. Then place another on top of it bone side down. After two hours, flip them over- so that the one on top is now on the bottom. Two hours later reverse the system, so that the bones are now in the up position. repeat the procedure until desired consistency is achieved.[p]While I have not tried this on the egg (new owner), I have done this many times on other cookers with good results. I don't see why it wouldn't work on the Egg. [p]Good q'en to ya, with whichever method you decide.[p]phillip
  • wingfoot,[p]I do up to 10 racks at a time on two layers in the large Egg with two rib racks and it works well.[p]4ribsbge1Mvc-010e.jpg[p]This is a 6 slab cook on two layers.[p]Dave

• Dos Huevos
    Options
    bigmikej,[p]That's what I do and it works great.