Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Inbox?

AlbertaEgger
AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
So this might be a dumb question but can you get notified when someone send you a private msg on the forum??
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,938
    Yes, and as it happens, it shows up in your Inbox.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • AlbertaEgger
    Yes, and as it happens, it shows up in your Inbox.

What I meant is a "notification" like when someone posts on my discussion I get notified on my phone e-mail, when I get a msg in my inbox I never notice it unless I have a look, I don't usually watch for it.
  • cheech5001
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    You sure can.

Click on your name on the right side of the page, then edit profile, then you can edit your notifications, asking to be notified or not when certain events occur, including someone posting in your discussions.

Cheers.

Cheech
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Under My Profile click on your name, then edit profile, then notificstion preferences. You can select the option to receive email for private messages. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• AlbertaEgger
    I have everything checked off, maybe mine is just not working for private msges. oh well, not a big one.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Actually, go into profile and then into notification preferences. You can get a pop up on the forum or an e-mail for a whole bunch of things, including a PM. Wonder how I knew this eh?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • AlbertaEgger
    so it looks like it is actually working now, once I went in and refreshed it seems like it worked, just had one from Skiddymarker, thanks by the way.