Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Before and after

Pig shots, spatchcock and a PBR.  Crammed 30 pig shots onto my small and because they were so tightly packed, the bacon didn't crisp up as I would have liked.  Lesson learned, woo for the large en route.  Used a Keilbasa sausage - may use something with more kick next time. As always, the chicken was moist, tender and flavorful - will pull what's left to make chicken salad.

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    When in doubt with bacon, i will pre -cook it in the micro.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,835
    Don't let @griffin know you are drinking PBR... He'll call you a hipster.... I on the other hand love 'em. Get my message?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    I didn't say everybody who drinks one is a hipster, I was talking about Austinite hipsters who drink it.  :D

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Gotta say, the after looks much tastier >-)
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    ·