Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Smoked Chicken Salad

Anyone else ever do this? Basically I smoke a chicken, beer can style, then pull the chicken and add it to some hard boiled eggs, grapes, apples, pecans and onions and mayonnaise. Awesome on a hot summer day, and I've substituted other fruits as well, but the grapes and apples seem to taste best IMHO.

The one complaint I have is that my rub flavor never comes through in the chicken in the finished product. So this time I removed the skin on the chicken and covered the entire chicken in a light mustard followed by a fair amount of rub. Yes, I know mustard isn't normal on chicken but since I'm experimenting anyway I figured why not. 

Last check it was at 150*, so about another hour to +half and it should be ready. I'm also using a water pan to help prevent the outside from drying out too much. Hopefully that helps some. Anyhow, just figured I'd contribute today as I do quite a bit of lurking. Will post pics of the finished product.

Comments