Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 410
    I'm only teasing! I love the south. Spent time in Alabama, P-cola (wife grew up there), Mississippi, and Tennessee. I'd go back in a heartbeat, but the Midwest is home and I have a great job here. It was more of a playful jab at thetrim.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 162
    This could be the longest, most convoluted thread ever.  Maybe it's time to just let it... Ah what the hell, post away boys!

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,518

thetrim said:

Foghorn said:
    I went over to a friend's house last night to help him carve a brisket he had just pulled off his new LBGE.  It was a good bye party for his daughter who is leaving for the Air Force Academy later this week.  It was a good evening.  My life is clearly better than @ Cen-Tex's right now.
    Tell your friend, I'm sorry about his daughter.  West Point is better. :-) Go Army - Beat Air Force

West Point was never an option.  Her dad is an Air Force Academy alum.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
    henapple said:
    What do consider the "deep south"?

Wherever you and your PBR are located.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    Texas is not the "Deep South". We cook beef in Texas and some pork, not a lot but some.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    That would be Tennessee. I love central Texas.. Would retire to Salado. Remember though... There would be no Texas without the Tennessee volunteers. I travel all over the country and the South, hands down is awesome.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·

"That would be Tennessee."

I know you live there.  I was thinking of the deep south as a more fluid concept - such that any time somone is hanging out with you they are effectively in the deep south.

San Antonio, TX

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,424
    henapple said:
    I'll do that when I'm sober...
    This could take a little while. 
    =))

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259

Foghorn said:

"That would be Tennessee."

I know you live there.  I was thinking of the deep south as a more fluid concept - such that any time somone is hanging out with you they are effectively in the deep south.

I agree...it's not a geographical location so much as a state you're in.   When the scenery is Tony, PBR, banjos, jews harps, dickies, wheat hangin' outta everyone's mouths....you ain't IN the deep south, you "deep southed".  Unnastan'?

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    Jews harp?... Anti semitic?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·

"I agree...it's not a geographical location so much as a state you're in. When the scenery is Tony, PBR, banjos, jews harps, dickies, wheat hangin' outta everyone's mouths....you ain't IN the deep south, you "deep southed". Unnastan'?"

EFZ 

(egg - frickin - zactly)

San Antonio, TX

·
    henapple said:
    Jews harp?... Anti semitic?
    mebbe I shoulda called it the "Ozark Harp" (troof!)  I ain't an anti any people.   I'll send ya a tracking number tomorrow for the nuclear warhead, I mean, food saver (screw PRISM). ;)

·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    84 and hooooomid here in NY. Lucky we only get this kind of humidity for 2-3 weeks a year. I've lived in the south (the deep kind) and California, but I'll take our fall leaves and reasonably local skiing any day.

BTW, the only people I consider real racists these days (besides MDB of course), are fans of that professional football team in Washington DC.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    This is fun. So the way to get a ton of posts is to post something controversial..I should of been a troll
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    "You're not a troll...
    Just dopey."

Nailed it.  Trolls put some thought into it.  Fortoday's studied nonchalance and casual anger are verbal masterpieces compared to MDB's thoughtless ravings.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,950
    hapster said:

This is fun. So the way to get a ton of posts is to post something controversial..I should of been a troll

You're not a troll...

Just dopey.

Anyway, back to what I was going to post...

Rocks Ready.

Taken last week with the new gear :)

That stuff good Hap?
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • @nolaegghead: different scenery in your Deep South. I'll grant you the PBR but you lost me with the dickies qnd hangin' wheat.
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
    ·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,458
    Hap that shot is ridiculous. Nice work.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Little chicken, squash, corn and potatoimage
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,933
    Hap that shot is ridiculous. Nice work.
    Thank you :)
    ·
    @nolaegghead: different scenery in your Deep South. I'll grant you the PBR but you lost me with the dickies qnd hangin' wheat.

·
    @nolaegghead: different scenery in your Deep South. I'll grant you the PBR but you lost me with the dickies qnd hangin' wheat.

Looks like an unfunny Joe Dirt
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looks like alot of people I know.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 684
    @hapster, great shot! I'm craving some Woodford.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • I got the references, just meant it's not my Deep South. ;)
    ·
  • I do like that mullet, though!
    ·
    GQuiz said:
    @hapster, great shot! I'm craving some Woodford.
    Thanks...

And sorry, if you don't happen to have any nearby :)
    ·
    I do like that mullet, though!
    Yeah, that's a sweet, sweet mullet.  If I recall correctly, that particular style is called "Camero".  Business in front, party in the back. 

·