Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mothership!

Took the family on a great trip to Atlanta for a Braves Game (beat the Mets 5 to 3!).....just HAD to hit the Mothership the next day on the way out of town! Great store and very easy to get to, just off I-285.  I pulled up and there were 6 BGEs on the deck, 4 were cooking.  

The kiddos were taken with the EGGZILLA as you can plainly see.

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 14,153
    edited June 2013
    Cool Miles, what were they cooking? Going to be in Atlanta early Aug but limited time deal.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 542

Your post is a little troubling to me because I realize I'm part of a group that claims "a mothership."  I think the Branch Davidians or one of those cults had one too.   >:)

At any rate, good looking kiddos and looks like y'all had a good time!  Would love to visit that place sometime. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    They were smoking cheese on one, dutch oven chili on another and low and slow pork/brisket on the other two.  

In terms of selection, only BGE stuff was present - the scope being only BGE they don't sell the competition.

But I did score a shirt, hat, car magnet, square grill grid, grill extender, and individual steak thermometers....not too bad considering I scored 2 16in WOKs for Fathers Day plus a Himalayan Pink Salt Slab.  With carbon steel holder!
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,890
    Glad you enjoyed our City a trip to the Mothership is always fun.

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014, Adjustable Rig R&B, PSWoo3, Thermapen.
    Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• MickeyMickey Posts: 14,153
    KennyLee said:

Your post is a little troubling to me because I realize I'm part of a group that claims "a mothership."  I think the Branch Davidians or one of those cults had one too.   >:)

At any rate, good looking kiddos and looks like y'all had a good time!  Would love to visit that place sometime. 

Miles lived and I live within 60 miles of the Davidians (Waco).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 542
    Mickey said:
    KennyLee said:

Miles lived and I live within 60 miles of the Davidians (Waco).
    And I'm about half again, or 90 miles, from that location as well.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• henapplehenapple Posts: 11,151
    At least we're not required to cut our testicles off and then kill ourselves... But If I buy one more eggcessory, SWMBO might take care of that.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    henapple said:
    At least we're not required to cut our testicles off and then kill ourselves... But If I buy one more eggcessory, SWMBO might take care of that.
    well said
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 536
    If you drive by there at night you can see the color changing LED's I installed on that guard rail next to the building. Every time I go do work there I don't get much done due to looking around!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE