Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,388
    i would take shovelling over the humidity we have had the last couple days, you people must have sweated out all your brain cells. i bought 4 wheel drive, i park on the snow, i dont shovel anyways, and for being a racist, did i just call out the whole south
    :D whats wrong with you people wanting to sweat in the humidity
    :))
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    edited June 2013
    hapster said:
    hell yeah.  Light and glass.  And food. Since this is turned into a potpourri thread, bresaola I made with purdy light....

Nice shallow DOF on this one nola :)
    I looked at the metadata attached to the pic, and it's 24mm @ f2.8...   I have a 100 2.8 macro that has a wide open depth of focus about 2mm (estimating here).  It's like a microscope.

Yeah, that's a fun technique.  Lots of people don't know all the metadata is buried into the image file - anyone can open these files, look at the properties or info and see what brand camera I used, the lens, exposure info, date the pic was taken, etc.

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,043
    edited June 2013
    This thread is awesome. I say we just use this for any musings we may have rambling around in our melons. I'll start. I have Barry Manillow's "looks like we made it" stuck in my head right now. I want to jump out a window.

Who's next?

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Walked outside to a flat tire this morning that sucked...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,980
    I went over to a friend's house last night to help him carve a brisket he had just pulled off his new LBGE.  It was a good bye party for his daughter who is leaving for the Air Force Academy later this week.  It was a good evening.  My life is clearly better than @ Cen-Tex's right now.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 1,671
    This thread is awesome. I say we just use this for any musings we may have rambling around in our melons. I'll start. I have Barry Manillow's "looks like we made it" stuck in my head right now. I want to jump out a window. Who's next?

Such is the irony with Manilow.  Even his uplifting songs drive people to suicide.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, breaking bad.  
    ·
    I would want to self-defenestrate too if I had a crappy Barry Manillow song stuck in my head....

·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 1,671
    This also seems like it belongs in this thread:

If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, breaking bad.  
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,699
    Im addicted to playing simpsons: tapped out.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,837
    Mine is "tear in my beer"... Only procured 80 bags.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • This is absolutely my favorite thread ever! So back to the relative humidity.... Here's my joke. You know what (insert state you like to make fun of here) people think Relative Humidity is? The amount of sweat dripping off their sisters boobs during sex.
    LBGE 2013 SBGE 2014
    Columbus IN
    ·
    my new wooden boat, engine isnt working yet and theres a hole in it and the song in my head...I've Got That Sinking Feeling :))

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,272

I can't believe I read teh whole thing

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,952
    edited June 2013
    I just realized that there are no cats on this thread.

You are quite welcome.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,272

My cat picimage

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    Woke up this morning to take the dogs out and they chased a possum directly towards me. Not the way I wanted to start my day. That is all, you may go about your business now.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • FurallFurall Posts: 103

my new wooden boat, engine isnt working yet and theres a hole in it and the song in my head...I've Got That Sinking Feeling :))

S.S. Minnow!!
    ·
  • Furall said:

S.S. Minnow!!
    If you go on a tour, go for a two hour tour or a four hour tour. Do not take a three hour tour. Didn't work out too well for Gilligan.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,518

Oh boy! I am done with it all. Off the next 7 days and going to Destin. Early in AM.

Wish I could just fly down, but ...!

Life could only get better at this point. Had a special delivery today, some like sunshine in a jar.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    No songs stuck in my head but I have the number 27 stuck in my head for some damn reason. Anybody ever get a number stuck in their head? Maybe if I drink 27 beers it will go away.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    shtgunal3 said:
    No songs stuck in my head but I have the number 27 stuck in my head for some damn reason. Anybody ever get a number stuck in their head? Maybe if I drink 27 beers it will go away.
    for me its always the number 14. take the year i was born 1964, add the first and last numbers together you have 5, subtract that from the second number and you have 4, now add the 4 to the third and again to the fourth number and theres that 14, its always there one way or another
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 889
    edited June 2013
    Foghorn said:
    I went over to a friend's house last night to help him carve a brisket he had just pulled off his new LBGE.  It was a good bye party for his daughter who is leaving for the Air Force Academy later this week.  It was a good evening.  My life is clearly better than @ Cen-Tex's right now.
    Tell your friend, I'm sorry about his daughter.  West Point is better. :-) Go Army - Beat Air Force
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 889
    Took this on my last mission
    earth.jpg
    992 x 992 - 284K
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
    shtgunal3 said:
    for me its always the number 14. take the year i was born 1964, add the first and last numbers together you have 5, subtract that from the second number and you have 4, now add the 4 to the third and again to the fourth number and theres that 14, its always there one way or another
    Same year I was born and I guess you're as crazy as me.

·
    I'll do that when I'm sober...
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 363

@Foghorn   You tell that young lady that she is making a FANTASTIC decision.  I shudder to think where I'd be now if I hadn't made the decision to join the Air Force 17 years ago.  Wow...17 years.  That went quickly.

Where would I be now?  Probably in the deep south, or even worse...The Army.

STIR STIR STIR! 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 363

Triumph.jpg
    400 x 400 - 110K

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,980

"Probably in the deep south, or even worse...The Army."

Then we'd have two Travis's on here.  We would have too many methods.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
    What do consider the "deep south"?
    ·