Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No more Wallenda drinking games for me

Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Every time he said 'Jesus' I took a drink. Just waking up now. Did he make it across?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    His last word was Jeeeessssssuuuuuuuusssssss

(i kid!  i kid!)
    Guess I missed it... what did he cross this time?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Biting my tongue. SO HARD TO DO!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Hapster - The thing is we are sane. In the Wallenda family, that guy says over Sunday supper "I've decided to tightrope across the Grand Canyon."

Sane family response: "The HELL you are!!!"

Wallenda family response:"Dude! I wish I thought of that!!"
    Flint, Michigan
  • Just to to minute 19 of the walk and take a listen. He calls Jesus "my sorcerer". Dude is on another planet.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited June 2013
    Tjcoley said:

Every time he said 'Jesus' I took a drink. Just waking up now. Did he make it across?

In spit beer out my nose when i read this. It's 9 am on a Tuesday in San Francisco. I might need help
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    I really would like to know if he was planning on thanking Jesus on the way down had he fallen off the wire.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

I really would like to know if he was planning on thanking Jesus on the way down had he fallen off the wire.  

That would have been free will. Nothing to do with Jesus.
  • I really would like to know if he was planning on thanking Jesus on the way down had he fallen off the wire.  

I couldn't disagree more with you on this Travis. Probably not a good venue for airing religious views.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion man.  

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

I couldn't disagree more with you on this Travis. Probably not a good venue for airing religious views.
    People ask for and promise to give prayer on here all the time. You suddenly don't want to talk about it? That's pretty weak!

I went to catholic school from 1st till 10th grade. I went to mass twice a week and Methodist service every other week. Disagree all you want but I know the teachings of Jesus.

Don't speak to me about taking it elsewhere until you admonish all the prayer talk too. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Say and think what you will about Wallenda but his family has been doing this for generations so it really is in his blood. The skill that he demonstrates is, imo, equal to any other person you can name in whatever endeavor they excel at.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Say and think what you will about Wallenda but his family has been doing this for generations so it really is in his blood. The skill that he demonstrates is, imo, equal to any other person you can name in whatever endeavor they excel at.
    Good thing he didn't literally live up to his family's moniker. This was live TV after all...
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    It's interesting... when he crossed Niagara Falls last year ABC insisted on a safety harness because that was televised live and they did not want to deal with airing him plunging into the river below. I remember him saying that the safety harness might actually have been more of a (potential) hinderence than a help.

I pointed this out in the other SkyLive thread, but Wallenda's name is no doubt a big factor in the recognition he's getting here.  I'm not discounting the difficulty of what he's doing, but some of the slackline feats Dean Potter has pulled off are much more impressive IMHO.  
  • TexanOfTheNorth

I pointed this out in the other SkyLive thread, but Wallenda's name is no doubt a big factor in the recognition he's getting here.  I'm not discounting the difficulty of what he's doing, but some of the slackline feats Dean Potter has pulled off are much more impressive IMHO.  
    I'll have to admit that I am not familiar with Potter. I did a quick google search... looks very impressive as well.
    Fred, what do you not agree with? This is our dysfunctional thread.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    He didn't fall off, but if he did - was is magic from Lord Jesus or Lord Voldemort?  Or did he just slip?  Magic fight!!!!
    He didn't fall off, but if he did - was is magic from Lord Jesus or Lord Voldemort?  Or did he just slip?  Magic fight!!!!
    Flying Spaghetti Monster?
  • JohnInCarolina
    More likely Xenu.  
  • nolaegghead

He would have been knocked off by his noodly appendage!

Free will that he got on the wire in the first place? Maybe. We are free to choose, but we all play a part in God's plan. When my time comes, I plan on asking him how certain events fit into his plan. It's a devine mystery to the living.

You asked for it.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Trying to understand God is like an oyster understanding Einstein. But as far as free will... I believe we do. Free will to be evil, indifferent, good.... We see in a fogged mirror. We don't see the big picture. I have a long history with the church. Went to a fundamentalist "christian" school and worked at a seeker friendly church as a small group or community director for five years. All the things I experienced drove me away. Do I have faith? Yes. Just not in any person, organization or religious tradition.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Let's just all post Norman Rockwell paintings and quit it already with the prosthelytizing.  Live and let live.
    Did I mention that my wife drives a black mazda?
    edited June 2013
    ""