Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Newbie with my first attempt with my BGE and Table Build.

Hello all from Ontario, Canada

I finally picked up a LBGE after years of wanting one.  My so called high end stainless steel BBQ has all but rusted to a pile of junk.  It needs $100's to repair the guts that I am just not willing to put anymore $$ into it.  Pulled the plug and bought the Egg.  Also picked up the BBQ Guru DigiQ to help me along the way.

So, as I started building my BGE table I also picked up 2 8 pound Pork Butts.  Cooked it slow and low all night without incident.  The BBQ Guru is simply amazing and did all the work.  The Butts turned out amazing.  Looking forward to reading all the chat on here and looking/trying the recipes.

Couple pics.

My table ready for sanding and stain.

After 13 hour cook, my pork.  Sorry, did not take a pulled picture....

Thanks for reading

Sherriff

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Comments