Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

(OT) Think you had a "Monday?"

Just for perspective sake... Made me thankful, prayerful, reflective today.

Long Story short, MIL woke up middle of the night and couldn't fully breathe. Took an aspirin, dialed 911.

In the ER they suspect heart attack. This afternoon she goes in for an angioplasty (sp?), doc says she has clots in multiple areas of her body which he can't deal with, however, 5 of the 8 arteries need to be bypassed which he can address. Her diabetes is out of control, and her cholesterol is through the roof. Her body is apparently trying to reroute the blood supply somehow (which apparently is very rare?).

Anyway, doc says she is "luck" (or as I would call it "blessed") to have a had a minor heart attack. She had no idea she had heart issues.

We are thankful she is still with us.

She will go in for surger later this week, probably be out of work for at least 2 months.

My wife, Amy, her dad also had a heart attack about 5 years ago, needed 6 arteries bypassed.

All that to say, never know what tomorrow will bring.

Peace out yo!

JT

Comments