Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• On our tour de evacuation we have stayed in TN, KY, TX, VA, west VA, illinois, and Florida... Why would you live anywhere with hot heat and humidity. Lol im dying here.
    It may be moist here in Northern Virginny, and we do have a few hot summers, but most of the year is very comfortable. And we don't have to worry so much about forest fires, tornadoes, tsunamis, earth quakes, hurricanes and the like.

Cheers
    Chris
    Wait what? Northern VA got an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week a few years ago :)
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Nice shots Hap!  Is it the camera or your camera skills??  
  • Incredible pics @Hapster! There really can be beauty in lots of different colors! Those are seriously 3 incredible pictures. Got to love nature's beauty! The only thing that could make it better would be some smoke billowing from an Egg.
    LBGE and recently added SBGE
    Columbus IN
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,251
    Beautiful pics, hapster!  I think I lost a pint of blood to the skeeters tonight too.

• Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 544
    henapple said:
    The south us humid Racist remarks mdb A thorough pounding of said remark maker The fishing channel Griffin hates pbr hipsters Evidently 50 year old Canadians like to throw snowballs.

Is that a Haiku?
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • FurallFurall Posts: 103
    A nice camera is about 5% of the equation. Check his link out, the boy knows what he's doing. Nice ones hapster.

Furall said:
    A nice camera is about 5% of the equation. Check his link out, the boy knows what he's doing. Nice ones hapster.
    That's the truth.  Although I'd up the contribution from the lens.  I'm still shooting with an old EOS 10D (6.2 mega pixels), but I have a bunch of nice prime lenses.

Limited out on Flounder(10) and released six others, plus two redfish and four seatrout.  Last photo is a seacow that came past to check me out!  Light tackle, all artificals - Ecofina on the Gulf.  Five hour trip!triphour Coast.  imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Ecofina June 20th 011.JPG
    2592 x 3888 - 4M
    Ecofina June 20th 012.JPG
    3888 x 2592 - 6M
    Ecofina June 20th 013.JPG
    3888 x 2592 - 4M
    Ecofina June 20th 014.JPG
    3888 x 2592 - 5M
    Ecofina June 20th 015.JPG
    3888 x 2592 - 6M
    Ecofina June 20th 016.JPG
    3888 x 2592 - 3M
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 5,837
    Thank you guys... I have to agree with @nolaegghead if you are going upgrade anything in photography, always go with the glass first. I shoot mostly 30yo Minolta primes with my DSLR (A700)

These three images were taken with my new RX100. It has a Carl Ziess lens on it. I also have a SonyF717 that I got in 2003 that has a CZ lens on it as well...

CZ makes just about the best lenses...
    We call seatrout specs over here.  Nice.  All excellent eatin.

I didn't realize until i was cleaning the fish that i had a one gallon Ziplock bag full of fillets.  And i wasn't targeting the Flounder, but reds.  I'll be trying to duplicate this trip next week in tide and area.  And blackened flounder is great eating!
    Yeah make hay when the sun's shining.  I love flounder.  They've been virtually wiped out here.  I used to catch them all the time 20 years ago. 

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,584

I didn't realize until i was cleaning the fish that i had a one gallon Ziplock bag full of fillets.  And i wasn't targeting the Flounder, but reds.  I'll be trying to duplicate this trip next week in tide and area.  And blackened flounder is great eating!

Stuff them suckers with crab. FYI, there are 4 filets on a flaty. .
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Ryan_g0ffRyan_g0ff Posts: 4

Ryan_g0ff said:
    I sadly moved to Florida from Pennsylvania and it is humid at least 10 out of the 12 months. It is just ridiculous how hot it gets. 

But remember, you don't have to shovel it! ;;)
    At least we get to throw snowballs!
    Shoveling the snow usually gets me a couple bucks anyway. On top of that, i snowboarded twice a week in the winter seasons. Im convinced the north is where its at
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 607
    I can deal with the heat of a Texas summer...my deal is I want four definite seasons, which we have here.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• FurallFurall Posts: 103

Furall said:

That's the truth.  Although I'd up the contribution from the lens.  I'm still shooting with an old EOS 10D (6.2 mega pixels), but I have a bunch of nice prime lenses.

Absolutely, its about the glass and light.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 877
    hapster said:
    Super Moon in the water last night... just caught some good skeeter bites ;)

After a very gusty T'storm rolled thru, with lots of damage in the area, the sun broke thru

Which led to this...

I wanna see a @hapster "SuperMoon" Pic
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    hell yeah.  Light and glass.  And food. Since this is turned into a potpourri thread, bresaola I made with purdy light....

• sticks88sticks88 Posts: 94
    29C today humidex of 37C way to hot for me , thankfully we only get a few weeks of it like this.

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

• egger aveegger ave Posts: 528
    On our tour de evacuation we have stayed in TN, KY, TX, VA, west VA, illinois, and Florida... Why would you live anywhere with hot heat and humidity. Lol im dying here.
    It may be moist here in Northern Virginny, and we do have a few hot summers, but most of the year is very comfortable. And we don't have to worry so much about forest fires, tornadoes, tsunamis, earth quakes, hurricanes and the like.

Cheers
    Chris
    I loved in NOVA for 25 years. Lived through the tornado that tore up Annandale and a couple of hurricanes while I was there. I'll stay in Texas and Arkansas. Have gotten used to eating real BBQ. You have Dizzy Pig in Manassas so that counts for something.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • I think this is my opportunity to get this thread back on pace for it's racial intentions. What the hell is humidex? I heard that earlier today (hangin in Winnipeg today) This must be a Canadian term. I have heard of heat index. I wish I could remember more form South Park the movie so that I could hate Canadian people. Oh well, these Canucks have been pretty awesome to me all the times I have been up here. I'm not sure I know how to deal with the hockey fans tomorrow though after that finish.
    LBGE and recently added SBGE
    Columbus IN
    Canadians have round bacon
    Tampa Bay, FL
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 528
    I think this is my opportunity to get this thread back on pace for it's racial intentions. What the hell is humidex? I heard that earlier today (hangin in Winnipeg today) This must be a Canadian term. I have heard of heat index. I wish I could remember more form South Park the movie so that I could hate Canadian people. Oh well, these Canucks have been pretty awesome to me all the times I have been up here. I'm not sure I know how to deal with the hockey fans tomorrow though after that finish.
    Wikipedia to the rescue

"The humidex (short for "humidity index") is an index number used by Canadian meteorologists to describe how hot the weather feels to the average person, by combining the effect of heat and humidity. The humidex is a unit-less number based on the dew point, but it is equivalent to dry temperature in degrees Celsius. For example, if the temperature is 30 °C (86 °F), and the calculated humidex is 40, then it indicates the humid heat feels approximately like a dry temperature of 40 °C (104 °F).

According to the Meteorological Service of Canada, a humidex of at least 30 causes "some discomfort", at least 40 causes "great discomfort" and above 45 is "dangerous". When the humidex hits 54, heat stroke is imminent.

The current formula for determining the humidex was developed by J.M. Masterton and F.A. Richardson of Canada's Atmospheric Environment Service in 1979. Humidex differs from the heat index used in the United States in being derived from the dew point rather than the relative humidity.

The record humidex in Canada occurred on July 25, 2007, when Carman, Manitoba hit 53.0.[1] This breaks the previous record of 52.1 set in 1953 in Windsor, Ontario."

Texas version "It's hotter than hell and sticky too"

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    thetrim said:
    Canadians have round bacon
    'cept they call it Peameal bacon cause it's rolled in ground up peas and not smoked.

edited June 2013
    @hapster.. Something like this.... BTW, I got this from a friend, but I think you could do much better
    supermoon.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 40K
    Tampa Bay, FL
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,833

Charlie, take me fishing!

[-O<

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

thetrim said:
    @hapster.. Something like this.... BTW, I got this from a friend, but I think you could do much better
    Thanks for the thought, but I don't think I did... I'll take a look though. For some reason, I haven't had much luck shooting the moon itself yet
    hell yeah.  Light and glass.  And food. Since this is turned into a potpourri thread, bresaola I made with purdy light....

Nice shallow DOF on this one nola :)