Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

(OT) Think you had a "Monday?"

Just for perspective sake... Made me thankful, prayerful, reflective today.

Long Story short, MIL woke up middle of the night and couldn't fully breathe. Took an aspirin, dialed 911.

In the ER they suspect heart attack. This afternoon she goes in for an angioplasty (sp?), doc says she has clots in multiple areas of her body which he can't deal with, however, 5 of the 8 arteries need to be bypassed which he can address. Her diabetes is out of control, and her cholesterol is through the roof. Her body is apparently trying to reroute the blood supply somehow (which apparently is very rare?).

Anyway, doc says she is "luck" (or as I would call it "blessed") to have a had a minor heart attack. She had no idea she had heart issues.

We are thankful she is still with us.

She will go in for surger later this week, probably be out of work for at least 2 months.

My wife, Amy, her dad also had a heart attack about 5 years ago, needed 6 arteries bypassed.

All that to say, never know what tomorrow will bring.

Peace out yo!

JT

Comments