Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sambal Pork Loin

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a note to add what's cooking here for the 4th. We've got a 4lb center-cut pork loin marinating all night in Sambal Badjak - an Indonesian red pepper condiment (the best brand I've seen commercially is by Konigsvogel). Plan to go for a slow burn at 200 with some hickory to 150 internal.[p]About 20 minutes before taking it out and once the fat cap has melted I will baste with some more sambal for a nice (and hot) glaze.[p]My mouth s watering already - Bob

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Bob vanA,
    Cool!! That sounds great. RhumAndJerk will also comment if he sees this post...he loves that stuff!! Maybe mix a little oyster sauce in for the baste. It will add a nice flavor, and help with the glazing as well.
    Keep us posted!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Bob vanA,
    That sounds wonderful. How was the heat level?
    I once had some beef that was marinated overnight in Sambal Odjak (sp?), the flavor was incredible when grilled. I actually use that more than Sambal Bdjak.[p]On quick suggestion on Boneless Pork Loins, I have found that they taste best when cooked direct at 350. You should flip the meat every 15 minutes or so to get an even crust on the meat. Also, when the internal temperature gets to 150-155 the meat is done.[p]You just gave me an Idea, I may try the Sambal like a jerk rub and let it sit for two day before cooking it.[p]Happy Grilling,
    RhumAndJerk[p]