Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Pizza set-up when you have woo2 and AR

I'm going to do some pizzas this week and needed some advice.

I see a lot of people mention the platesetter feet down, then a spacer of some kind, then the stone. 

Would It be better (definitely easier) to use the woo2, with stone on the bottom, then pizza stone on top of the grid?
Biloxi, MS
XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comments

• Jaymet73Jaymet73 Posts: 24
    I have the AR with the R&B set up. I put my oval stone on the lowest rack of the AR and my pizza stone on top of the BGE's grid on top of the AR. I get my egg stable at 500-550 for 30 min. with the rig in there to warm up. I usually just eyeball the pizza to determine if it's done don't really pay attention to amount of time. 
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 858
    Ok, cool That was my other thought, I was worried it would be too high in the dome.
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 407
    This is how I do it for a pan pizza

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA