Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Grilled Corn Recipes

I have about 12 ears of corn going on the large in about 2 hours.......Anyone have any grilled corn cooks that they absolutely love?? If so, would love to hear about them. 

Crunk

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Yes. Light grill. Add corn. Eat
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I usually cook in the husk, but sometimes I'll cut the top off and tease some of the husk away from the corn, then pour in some ponzu sauce, Italian dressing or something.  Really adds flavor to the corn.
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I really want to try this, but have not. Scroll down for corn segment.

The restaurant where this guy had it is in NY. Take a look at the first pic!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    I like to wrap in foil with sp and butter.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • I have had elote (the corn recipe @Carolina_Q) is referring to at a restaurant in Birmingham, Little Donkey. I think it is great stuff and would love to try it out soon.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I made elote recently. "Cinco de Mayo a la MINI" thread. Basically sear corn o get some char. Make a ancho chili mayonnaise spread and coat corn in it then roll it in cotija cheese crumbles. Great side dish
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    I like using Chris Lilly's version of elote, it's a little bit lighter on calories but tastes phenomenal:  http://www.grilling.com/food/recipe/631/ 
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Soak in salt water for 30 minutes. Put on grill direct. Turn frequently. When the husks get nice and dark pull them. Shuck them and the silks come off easily. The husks act as a natural holder. Butter, mayo, Parmesan and a little bit of Cayenne.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Clean the husks... light coat of olive oil, and then apply Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head to taste. Grill them raised direct, turning every few minutes so they are evenly charred all around.

Have stick handy to beat all the people you will have coming to steal said corn...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Clean the corn and put on the grill
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nom nom nom nom.....

• CarolinaQ--you have been wanting to try that mexican street corn since I posted it after my NY trip.  You better get busy and do it--or at least put the GA Mtn Eggfest 2014 on your calendar and I did the cubans and the mexican street corn there this past year and will probably do same again in 2014.image

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    No husk. Get a little char on the corn and then brush fresh lime juice. Sprinkle some kosher salt and you are ready to go. NO butter.

really good

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • nolaegghead
    No butter!?  Blaspheme!
    @nolaegghead - I know, I know.........this is a version from India. Try it.  :<)

When I lived if the former Soviet republic, Georgia, I tried to get my friends there to put butter on their corn.....they almost threw up!  Go figure.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I have tried peeling back the husk and adding butter and and re-wrapping before putting on the egg.  I have also thrown it on the egg in the husk, then added butter and rub once cooked.  To be honest, I couldn't tell much difference so I usually go with the latter because it is easier. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I like using Chris Lilly's version of elote, it's a little bit lighter on calories but tastes phenomenal:  http://www.grilling.com/food/recipe/631/ 
    How do you think it would work with greek yogurt instead of plain yogurt?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    @Griffin, thin it with milk. Greek yogurt would make the sauce too thick.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831

CarolinaQ--you have been wanting to try that mexican street corn since I posted it after my NY trip.  You better get busy and do it--or at least put the GA Mtn Eggfest 2014 on your calendar and I did the cubans and the mexican street corn there this past year and will probably do same again in 2014.

That was you huh? :) You are right of course. The list of things I want to try, but haven't, is mind boggling!! Gets worse by the day!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CarolinaQ--yes, that was me--did you go to GaMtn Eggfest 2013? 

(PS-- Sorry for any confusion, I did recently change my egg handle from egghead123sc to smokintiger81)

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    edited June 2013

Here is how I have cooked it and it has come out great, leave it in the husk with the silk, 350 in-direct at the felt or raised for 50/60 minutes. Because it will be hot I suggest wearing gloves to clean it then lather it up with your favorite lube. I just did some this weekend and finished with mayo, grated manchego cheese and smoked paprika. It's hard to beat just cutting uncooked corn off the cob and sautéing in good old butter and S&P till its heated and cooked through. I'm from Michigan and the local fresh doesn't start coming in till August, we eat so much when its in season that we get sick of it after 4 or 5 weeks. GOOD EATS!

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • nolaegghead

Springram said:
    @nolaegghead - I know, I know.........this is a version from India. Try it.  :<)

When I lived if the former Soviet republic, Georgia, I tried to get my friends there to put butter on their corn.....they almost threw up!  Go figure.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    Grumpy cat thinks your corn is delicious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8NdHMd9riM

This is how we do it back home ...

1. Remove the husk from the corn as well as the silk strands from the kernals
    2. Place corn on cookign grate on direct heat (450-500)
    3. Keep the corn on the grate until there is some browning of the kernals. Then turn over. Cook until all sides of the corn have browning on all sides.
    4. Slice a lemon in half and then dip this sliced lemon in a mix of chilli powder and kosher salt. Rub this spiced up lemon on the corn
    5. Eat immediately!

LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    How long do you guys usually cook the corn in the husk at 350? Raised grid or not? Thanks.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Wrap in foil with some butter and grill how you like.  Drizzle with red wine vinegar and eat, some salt and pepper too.  So Good!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    edited June 2013
    JRWhitee said:
    How long do you guys usually cook the corn in the husk at 350? Raised grid or not? Thanks.
    I leave it in the husk and silk and do it in-direct 350 turning it once at the felt or raised for 50/60 minutes, it steams from the silk and is hot when you clean it so I use gloves. This is also a good way to do corn in the oven, I have put 20 ears on a cookie sheet in the oven several times and it has always come out great.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Can't wait for fresh corn, one of summer's highlights.  I envy you who live further South. 
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)