Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Question on puutting BGE in table?

I just got an table for my large egg and I was wondering do you normal put the egg on a paver or something else?  I have the egg still in the nest right now but wanted everyone take what I should set the egg on in my table?
·

Comments

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,688
     I have my large Egg sitting on the original ceramic feet, on concrete pavers.  Works great!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • Mine is sitting on a paver from Lowe's  18"x24"x2"

LBGE

John Henry Lump Charcoal

A few toys for the Egg right now but always looking for more.

Egging in the Lowcountry of SC

·
  • freedog74freedog74 Posts: 62
    @lowcountry_chuck ; have you noticed if the wood is messed up where the paver?  I am worried if I just put a paver there that it might mess up the wood because the bottom of the egg gets hot.

@ jaydub58 where did you get those original ceramic feet at?
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,908
    You want an air gap.  I have a burned spot on my shelf where I had it right on a paver with no air gap.

·
  • HDmstngHDmstng Posts: 163
    I'd suggest getting the table nest.  I'm finishing my table and will have my large on a paver (or granite if I can find it at the right price) and the table nest.  May not need the paver/granite, but it can't hurt plus it'll make cleaning out the ash easier.
    ·
  • yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 374
    The ceramic feet used to come with the egg but they did away with them.  The table nest is a good option and that is what I would go with if I didn't have the feet. 
    ·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 689
    I just have a 16x16" concrete paver from HD that is 2" thick.  Works great.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Too many single thickness two inch thick paver pictures have been posted on this forum showing serious heat damage underneith the paver.  I would go to the table nest on top of a paver, or at least a double thickness paver, air space will work as well.  But respect the heat generated by the egg -- especially if you are over or next to none fire rated materials.  Eggs have burnt houses to the ground.
    ·
    Thanks for the replies everyone.  If I got to my local BGE dealer can they get me the table nest?
    ·
  • I have the table nest sitting on the paver.  Plenty of air flow so nothing is messed up by the heat.  Your local BGE dealer should have a table nest in stock.  ~$25

LBGE

John Henry Lump Charcoal

A few toys for the Egg right now but always looking for more.

Egging in the Lowcountry of SC

·
    @lowcountry_chuck I am going to check with my local BGE dealer tomorrow to see if they have one in stock.
    ·
  • Mine sits on two pavers. I havent noticed any damage.

Little Rock, AR

·