Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My first pizza cook

Did my first pizzas tonight- went great!.

Did platesetter legs down, then pizza stone on planter pot feet.

Cooked at 500-550 and took about 10 minutes each.

Don't know why I was so intimidated to try it, after hearing me waffle for a couple of months, SWMBO laid down the law- it was to be pizza for dinner tonight.

Again thanks to all who have posted such great advice, and sorry about the picture quality, just snapped with my iphone.

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,684
    Looks great

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 629
    Outstanding - You got it right!
    Milton, GA.
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Looks great - 500 to 550 is what i cook it at. 
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,799
    Great for a first shot, gets easier with time. Flavors and recipe getting dialed in is the hard part.
    Seattle, WA
    looks great...hopefully I'll have a stone soon.  Did you use BGE stone or another brand?

Charlotte, NC
  • cheech5001cheech5001 Posts: 102
    Not BGE stone. I'm not sure what brand it is, I got it years ago.
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,915
    Looks great - 500 to 550 is what i cook it at. 
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Aurora, Ontario, Canada