Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nashville

Options
Anyone know of any BBQ places in Nashville that cook on the BGE for their customers? I'm in town and looking for a place to go on Sunday. Thanks!
Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.  

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Can't help you on the BBQ part but there is a really good Thai restaurant called Siam Cafe on McCall St that will blow you away if you like that kinda food

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Dave_Matthews
    Dave_Matthews Posts: 204
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Can't help you on the BBQ part but there is a really good Thai restaurant called Siam Cafe on McCall St that will blow you away if you like that kinda food
    Roger that!  I've been a fan/patron since they were on Thompson Lane by Herndon and Merry around 1977.  Get the Bamboo Chicken, it is fantastic.
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Loveless cafe... But no BGE
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • mdozier
    mdozier Posts: 90
    Options
    No restaurant BBQ's in town use an egg that I know of. Unfortunately about the best BBQ in town is only open weekdays lunch: Tex's. yes, it's more TX style but he's been here forever and is as much Nashville as anyplace.

2nd Loveless. It's the place for breakfast and fried chicken any time.

Siam was great in the old spot but I haven't been since the move years ago.

Jack's downtown is pretty good. Eddley's over on 12th South is recommended by friends.

Both are pretty good BBQ. But as you know once you get your egg no restaurant BBQ can satisfy!

m in Nashville :))
    Nashville TN 2 LBGE's and counting
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    Options
    Hunt down Martins BBQ.  No egg but great que!
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Edley's on 12th south is an excellent bbq joint. They have eggs, seen them smoking but don't think all their orders are cooked via the egg. Just don't know how any restaurant would accomplish.. Martin's is also fantastic (no eggs), but I would go with Edley's and then venture downtown to barhop the honky-tonks as it is not far. Welcome to NashVegas. Gonna be 91, humid with a chance for T-Storms. Pretty typical for this time of year. Cold beer, shades and casual clothes.   

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    +1 on Martin's. It's 20 minutes south of Nashville proper but worth the trip.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Powderhound
    Powderhound Posts: 139
    Options
    Edley's was fantastic!! Thanks for the recommendation!
    Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.  
  • Powderhound
    Powderhound Posts: 139
    Options
    Raymont said:

Edley's on 12th south is an excellent bbq joint. They have eggs, seen them smoking but don't think all their orders are cooked via the egg. Just don't know how any restaurant would accomplish.. Martin's is also fantastic (no eggs), but I would go with Edley's and then venture downtown to barhop the honky-tonks as it is not far. Welcome to NashVegas. Gonna be 91, humid with a chance for T-Storms. Pretty typical for this time of year. Cold beer, shades and casual clothes.   

Best place ever! Thanks again. Ate there for lunch.