Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tips for tender brisket

All,

Been a while since I've posted.  I tried my 1st small brisket today... 4.38 lbs and using the BBQ Digi q DX2 to manage temp.  Seasoned the brisket in the refrigerator all night, then took out in the morning to warm to room temp.  Got the egg set at 240 grate temp per the Digi q - didn't move all day.  Brisket went in around 11:10a, came out 8:15pm.  Still a bit tough --- internal tempt was 195-197 when removed.  Wrapped in foil and resting..

Honestly -- meat seems a bit dry if you can believe it.  I only cooked the flat.  this piece seems nice and flexible when i purchased, so I was optimistic.

I've never been really pleased with the tenderness of my briskets.  Flavor is great.. but looking for perfection.  Any tips? 

Standard set up - Large BGE, set up for indirect, drip pan (no water), grill temp 240.

Thanks and am looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Comments