Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

1st timer

My awesome wife got me the Large BGE for fathers day, after many years of using gas grills I am done for good with them.  

Still have a few accessories to purchase and the table is far from complete but I dont think its too bad.  

Ive been reading quite a few posts and am looking forward to sharing some results, any suggestions of a good first cook?  I was thinking a pork butt.

Any beginner tips?

Cheers

Comments

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 869
    Pork butt and spatchcocked chicken are two great starting points. Nice looking table.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    Welcome to the lifestyle Jilogethan4... what a great Father's Day gift. Sounds like you're ready to jump in with both feet. You'll be amazed at how much better everything you cook turns out on the egg vs. your old gaser. Pork Butt is an almost full proof option but you may want to play with (i.e., get familiar with) your temp control first. If you don't have one, get a remote thermometer that will allow to keep track of your cook temp and your food temp.

Good luck and, in case you don't know, if there are no pictures then it didn't happen.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.