Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st timer

My awesome wife got me the Large BGE for fathers day, after many years of using gas grills I am done for good with them.  

Still have a few accessories to purchase and the table is far from complete but I dont think its too bad.  

Ive been reading quite a few posts and am looking forward to sharing some results, any suggestions of a good first cook?  I was thinking a pork butt.

Any beginner tips?

Cheers

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Pork butt and spatchcocked chicken are two great starting points. Nice looking table.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Welcome to the lifestyle Jilogethan4... what a great Father's Day gift. Sounds like you're ready to jump in with both feet. You'll be amazed at how much better everything you cook turns out on the egg vs. your old gaser. Pork Butt is an almost full proof option but you may want to play with (i.e., get familiar with) your temp control first. If you don't have one, get a remote thermometer that will allow to keep track of your cook temp and your food temp.

Good luck and, in case you don't know, if there are no pictures then it didn't happen.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Hey, save that gaser, it is good to use to heat up Egged Food and also to store egg accessories in!