Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork tenderloin--help please

Options
I just got surprised with two small pork tenderloins that need to be ready in 3 hours for dinner.
Your suggestions please
Thanks
Dan

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited June 2013
    Options
    raised direct 350 dome to a internal of 140 remove and let it rest for ten minutes it will rise to 145 slice and serve . should turn out tender and juicy or go raised direct on a v-rack with a pan under it to catch the drippings for possible gravy 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Cooking time for small tenderloins is pretty quick. 3 hours is about twice as much as you need. 
    We like ours with a little more smoke so I reverse sear them, indirect at 250 for maybe 40 minutes, internal to about 120. take off and sit, while egg goes to 400-500. Then sear to add crust internal around 140. 
    @bigphil has the best suggestion for a direct cook. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options

I would quickly throw them in some brine -- 1/4 cup salt

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup dry rub

one quart of water

Up until the time you are ready to cook them.  Rinse them.  Cook at gasket level , direct turning to get a even sear until you reach an internal of 140 degrees.  Shouldn't take much more than half an hour.  Rest ten minutes slice and serve.  Should be very juicy and tender..

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    All good advice.  As far as internal temp, cook it the same as you like your steaks, as a general guideline.  I try to cook my tenderloin and loins to around 130-135.  If you have guests or family members that like their pork overcooked (well done), give em what they want.  No reason not to cook to order.
    Options
    Evoo with s&p plus Herbes de Provence is my favorite. 400°, raised direct, roll 90° after 5 minutes, repeat. 20 mins total. No idea what that means for internal temp, but I rarely get IT right anyway. Mighty tasty.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
    I was out of evoo---used it all yesterday.  Used mustard and Dizzy Dust.  I thought it would take much longer so I had the grill lit and ready.  I just put them back in the fridge and will let the fire slow down for an hour.

Wish me luck.

thanks for the quick response.

Dan