Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket- Too Early?

Options
OpusXcellent
OpusXcellent Posts: 60
I put on an 12lb brisket on the egg at 250 degrees at 730pm hoping it will be done for a late lunch tomorrow (230pm). I am wondering if I put it on too early?

Comments

• Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Options
    You will probably finish a little early (Hard to tell).  If you do finish early, just wrap it HD aluminum foil, wrap in several towels and then put it in a cooler (FTC = foil towel cooler).  It will keep for a long time if you do it that way. Unwrap and only cut what you serve...It dries out quickly.  Good luck! Post pics of the finished product. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Agree totally w/Eggucator.  Just check temp in the AM (guessing 14-15 hours if the temp holds relatively steady), then follow those instructions.  You will be fine.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    The point will cook faster than the flat due to the fat content (point could be around 210*F when the flat finishes up.  So the doneness check is when you can probe the thickest part of the flat and get no resistance either direction.  Enjoy the eats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • OpusXcellent
    Options
    So I go to bed around 10 last night with the egg at 250 smoking away, I wake up at 530, forgot to turn the sound on my alarm clock, and the egg is at 175.  Should everything thing be ok?  There was still a fire going and it was smoking it will probably take longer to get up to temp.

Thanks for the help 
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    I am probably starting to sound like a broken record, but I always plan to finish early. I like to rest pork shoulder and brisket at least 2 hours and never have trouble with 4. I once held a 12lb butt for nearly 6 hours FTC and was still 145 when I pulled it. The bark does soften a little but the meat is always tender.