Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket- Too Early?

OpusXcellentOpusXcellent Posts: 42
I put on an 12lb brisket on the egg at 250 degrees at 730pm hoping it will be done for a late lunch tomorrow (230pm). I am wondering if I put it on too early?
·

Comments

• EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    You will probably finish a little early (Hard to tell).  If you do finish early, just wrap it HD aluminum foil, wrap in several towels and then put it in a cooler (FTC = foil towel cooler).  It will keep for a long time if you do it that way. Unwrap and only cut what you serve...It dries out quickly.  Good luck! Post pics of the finished product. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 689
    Agree totally w/Eggucator.  Just check temp in the AM (guessing 14-15 hours if the temp holds relatively steady), then follow those instructions.  You will be fine.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,679
    The point will cook faster than the flat due to the fat content (point could be around 210*F when the flat finishes up.  So the doneness check is when you can probe the thickest part of the flat and get no resistance either direction.  Enjoy the eats!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • So I go to bed around 10 last night with the egg at 250 smoking away, I wake up at 530, forgot to turn the sound on my alarm clock, and the egg is at 175.  Should everything thing be ok?  There was still a fire going and it was smoking it will probably take longer to get up to temp.

Thanks for the help 
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    I am probably starting to sound like a broken record, but I always plan to finish early. I like to rest pork shoulder and brisket at least 2 hours and never have trouble with 4. I once held a 12lb butt for nearly 6 hours FTC and was still 145 when I pulled it. The bark does soften a little but the meat is always tender.
    ·