Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• DredgerDredger Posts: 172
    Can't we all just get along? Just kidding, I love this thread and I am relatively new. I think it's healthy sometimes to disagree. I agree there is no place for racism anywhere. So what are ya'll cooking this weekend? I am in beautiful Greenville, SC. Temp is at 76, humidity around 60%, nice breeze blowing. It feels like early fall. We're at the foothills of the mountains, about an hour from Asheville, NC, another beautiful place.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • TN_Egger said:

I guess.  If you like drinking raspberry flavored beer in a room with fine porcelain, flowers and pink walls at 10 am.  (not that there's anything wrong with drinking in the morning) 

;)   Uh-oh...does that make me racist?

no. it just makes you awesome

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,115
    edited June 2013
    Dredger said:
    Can't we all just get along? Just kidding, I love this thread and I am relatively new. I think it's healthy sometimes to disagree. I agree there is no place for racism anywhere. So what are ya'll cooking this weekend? I am in beautiful Greenville, SC. Temp is at 76, humidity around 60%, nice breeze blowing. It feels like early fall. We're at the foothills of the mountains, about an hour from Asheville, NC, another beautiful place.
    Nice country. We use to have a vacation place near Cashiers at Trilium, are relatives still do. We called it Tahoe East, because it looked just like the Lake Tahoe area.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    edited June 2013
    Love Cashiers. Had a customer there before retiring. I would be called in at least once a month when a forklift driver drove through one of their industrial doors. I had to assess damage to send a repair crew or replacement door.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks Travis. I think that pretty well sums it up, lol.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 10,906
    Is that Snoop?   I need to sip on sum Gin n Juice.

• Ahem!!!!!!! image
    Busted out on that one. As show of racial and generational unity, I'm going to listen to "roll me up and smoke me when I die" by Willie Nelson and Snoop. Kind of an "Ebony and Ivory" for the stoner set:

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,830
    Love that song! I went to see Willie a few times at the Sportatorium in Dallas and at Gonzalez, Tx for his annual picnic in 1976, yet...I NEVER SAW HIM!!! I was passed out every time he hit the stage.
  • hornhonk said:
    Love that song! I went to see Willie a few times at the Sportatorium in Dallas and at Gonzalez, Tx for his annual picnic in 1976, yet...I NEVER SAW HIM!!! I was passed out every time he hit the stage.
    awesome. Robert Earl Keen does a great story about the picnic on one of his live albums. You need to find that and download it. He passed out and when he woke up the parking lot had caught fire and his car had burned to the ground. Then his girlfriend left him there and took off with "Tarzan and Adonis" while he cried. They let him meet Willie and the rest is history. I think it's on "Number 2 Live Diner" album. 

• The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 11,004
    edited June 2013
    Is that Snoop?   I need to sip on sum Gin n Juice.

My all time fave:
     sorry you tube issues today

The Gourds do the best cover of that song ever.

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,830
    hornhonk said:
    awesome. Robert Earl Keen does a great story about the picnic on one of his live albums. You need to find that and download it. He passed out and when he woke up the parking lot had caught fire and his car had burned to the ground. Then his girlfriend left him there and took off with "Tarzan and Adonis" while he cried. They let him meet Willie and the rest is history. I think it's on "Number 2 Live Diner" album. 
    Must have been a different picnic. It poured in Gonzalas and the parking lot..a field..was drenched. My distributor cap was cracked and my car wouldn't start, so I hitch-hiked into town to call AAA from a Mom and Pop store. AAA told my to get Fked. Hiked back to my car . Caught a ride by a guy with a big sack of weed in his lap. A most interesting weekend.
  • hornhonk said:
    hornhonk said:
    Must have been a different picnic. It poured in Gonzalas and the parking lot..a field..was drenched. My distributor cap was cracked and my car wouldn't start, so I hitch-hiked into town to call AAA from a Mom and Pop store. AAA told my to get Fked. Hiked back to my car . Caught a ride by a guy with a big sack of weed in his lap. A most interesting weekend.
    But you never forgot it! I think the one he was talking about was in college station in the late 70's if I remember right. The story is hilarious

• The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 11,004
    edited June 2013
    hornhonk said:
    hornhonk said:
    But you never forgot it! I think the one he was talking about was in college station in the late 70's if I remember right. The story is hilarious
    Found it! Give this a listen- you will die laughing. I can't get youtube to embed today.

• egger aveegger ave Posts: 502
    Cooking grilled ceasar salad and a low carb pizza with a sausage crust on my Large BGE tonight. Pleasant 95 degrees on the back porch.  Welcome to a typical South Central Texas Summer. Grew up in the heat and humidity of FL, GA, SC and VA. Moved to the Great Basin and finally to Texas. Hottest place I have lived was Salt Lake City or Houston or Charleston SC. Humidity in Austin is lower than Houston on most days. I work in unairconditioned warehouses much of the time and get used to the heat about May 15. Nothing I can do about the weather so I just keep on going.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • egger ave said:
    Cooking grilled ceasar salad and a low carb pizza with a sausage crust on my Large BGE tonight. Pleasant 95 degrees on the back porch.  Welcome to a typical South Central Texas Summer. Grew up in the heat and humidity of FL, GA, SC and VA. Moved to the Great Basin and finally to Texas. Hottest place I have lived was Salt Lake City or Houston or Charleston SC. Humidity in Austin is lower than Houston on most days. I work in unairconditioned warehouses much of the time and get used to the heat about May 15. Nothing I can do about the weather so I just keep on going.

I drove by Egger Ave on Hwy 79 on Thursday. Henapple and I had lunch at Salt Lick. I busted out laughing when I saw it. meant to let you know.....I think I just did that. nice handle! didn't know where it came from but now I do.

egger ave said:

I drove by Egger Ave on Hwy 79 on Thursday. Henapple and I had lunch at Salt Lick. I busted out laughing when I saw it. meant to let you know.....I think I just did that. nice handle! didn't know where it came from but now I do.
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Next time you are in Round Rock check out Johnny T's. We send all of the tourists to Salt Lick
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • egger ave said:
    egger ave said:

The Cen-Tex Smoker Next time you are in Round Rock check out Johnny T's. We send all of the tourists to Salt Lick

I thought Salt lick was not good. I rarely eat there anymore but expected a little more......oh well. I've had johnny T's out of their trailer at the F1 track.

henapple said:
    I'm starting to think the best bbq is at home.
    couldn't agree more. The lines at Franklin's are getting longer all of the time and Snow's is an hour from home. I'll stay home for BBQ.
  • Ok- havent checked in on this thread in a while so i thought I would be the first to update my post from last year. Hopefully others will too as things change over the course of a year! 98 and sunny today. Hot! Wow. Had a little humidity too but that's the price you pay for living in Beautiful Austin TX. i hear VI is moving close so that ought to bring the temp up another notch or 2! My pepper plants are coming in nicely and we are using the pool every day!!!!!! It has cooled off nicely this evening and there is a nice breeze. Speaking of hot (lol) I broke in my new SWING GRATE today (whoop whoop). I did some wings with my elfster goodies. Here's a few pics of my smokin' chicken wings and quarters! image And then I did a brisket AND ribs AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! This swing rack thing I awesome. So here is my 12.5 lb CAB brisket in the cryo: image image So I trimmed the fat down to about 1/8 inch an trimmed all the hard fat off. It weighed exactly 10lb after the trim. image Super moon!!!!!!!! image Back to the brisket: image Here she is all rubbed up and ready to roll! image image Here it is on the egg. Ribs in the front, party in the back......but the party is a brisket and its on the bottom.......oh never mind: image image So......outside of the weather and my super sweet swing rack, that's all i got. Peace out! Centex. ps- more chicken pics: image image and a sweet dragster: image

• FortodayFortoday Posts: 94
    Centex you seem like a legit guy. I like you and your brutal honesty. But..can we get this back to a race debate. Allah be praised when blacks and whites fight
  • Fortoday said:
    Centex you seem like a legit guy. I like you and your brutal honesty. But..can we get this back to a race debate. Allah be praised when blacks and whites fight

why do you hate dragsters?

cracker fight!!  (can I say that?)

• FortodayFortoday Posts: 94
    It's not that. I love dragsters,but keep on target and continue blasting MDB. Get the prick outta here
  • Fortoday said:
    It's not that. I love dragsters,but keep on target and continue blasting MDB. Get the prick outta here

he has as much right to be here as you and me in my book.I don't care if he stays or goes. I'm just not going to let anyone say what he said without a severe ass kicking. Outside of that, Im over it.

I love drag worms.  They keep Austin weird.

• Man I hope @Fortoday and @MDB will just go away soon. The thread has been very amusing but clearly they are not smart enough to just walk away. The humor is lost once they go this low. I am out.
    LBGE Columbus IN
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 520
    hornhonk said:
    Only for a moment though because Willie had to "go jam with Leon Russell."

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer