Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prime rib time

yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
Had a great prime rib tonight. 5 pound, 3 rib roast. Put a rub on with rosemary, oregano, thyme, coriander, salt, pepper, and olive oil.

Started off with reverse sear at 225,got to 90 degrees before I kicked the temp up to 350 since dinner was fast approaching. Egg got ahead of me and went up to 475 indirect, so I never did the "sear" part since it looked great already. Had some creamed spinach and sweet potatoes for sides. And a rum cake to end the night.
Dunedin, FL
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,412
    That sure looks good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,615

Great looking beef..................and rum cake, too?

COWABUNGA, dude!

:-c
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I love prime rib. Looks good dude!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,731
    So you left the meat on the Egg as you were bumping the temp up?  Looks like the results speak for themselves.  Nicely done.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Yeah I left it on there since it was already about 500 and I didn't want to loose an arm taking plate setter out at that temp. Turned out just fine.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks great. Nice hunk of meat beautifically cooked.
  • scaryangelscaryangel Posts: 134
    Looks beautiful!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    I was thinking of doing one when I get home...nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,651
    edited June 2013
    Pass me one of the rib bones with s bit of meat on it. =D>
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Looks fantastic.  You still did a "sear" of sorts, just indirect :)
    Knoxville, TN
    ·