Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prime rib time

yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
Had a great prime rib tonight. 5 pound, 3 rib roast. Put a rub on with rosemary, oregano, thyme, coriander, salt, pepper, and olive oil.

Started off with reverse sear at 225,got to 90 degrees before I kicked the temp up to 350 since dinner was fast approaching. Egg got ahead of me and went up to 475 indirect, so I never did the "sear" part since it looked great already. Had some creamed spinach and sweet potatoes for sides. And a rum cake to end the night.
Dunedin, FL
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,155
    That sure looks good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,465

Great looking beef..................and rum cake, too?

COWABUNGA, dude!

:-c
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I love prime rib. Looks good dude!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,500
    So you left the meat on the Egg as you were bumping the temp up?  Looks like the results speak for themselves.  Nicely done.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Yeah I left it on there since it was already about 500 and I didn't want to loose an arm taking plate setter out at that temp. Turned out just fine.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks great. Nice hunk of meat beautifically cooked.
  • scaryangelscaryangel Posts: 134
    Looks beautiful!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,979
    I was thinking of doing one when I get home...nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,488
    edited June 2013
    Pass me one of the rib bones with s bit of meat on it. =D>
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    Looks fantastic.  You still did a "sear" of sorts, just indirect :)
    ·