Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Special Thanks to Bud812 (my elf) for these Dank A$$ Chicken wings!

The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
I used the Rob's rub and sauce that bud sent on my wings today.....let me just say WOW! Thanks so much bud, they were amazing (we are still eating them as I write. Salty, Smoky, Sticky, and sweet. All while being very balanced. very balanced. imageimageimage
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Those look awesome!!  How did the grid extender work?  Like it?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Gooey1
    Gooey1 Posts: 96
    Those look like amazing and big wings.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"
  • cazzy said:
    Those look awesome!!  How did the grid extender work?  Like it?

loved it!!!!!!!. Dude- that thing is awesome. I'll use it a ton.
  • Gooey1 said:
    Those look like amazing and big wings.

I did a few quarters too so the big stuff is actually....well, big :D
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited June 2013
    @Cen-Tex, looks like you have your upper grid installed so you didn't have any bend to it.  Think you could post a picture of exactly where on the bottom grid you mounted it so for those of us who have been out of town can get straight to cooking when we get home?

Oh yeah, and dayum those wings and quarters look tasty as all get out.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • @Cen-Tex, looks like you have your upper grid installed so you didn't have any bend to it.  Think you could post a picture of exactly where on the bottom grid you mounted it so for those of us who have been out of town can get straight to cooking when we get home?

Oh yeah, and dayum those wings and quarters look tasty as all get out.

sure thing buddy. I didn't even try. I just eyeballed it and rigged it up. First time was the charm. It's not hard. I didn't make one adjustment.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Yeah, I didn't think it would be rocket science but the forum is a close to an Egg that I've been in a couple of days. Thanks man, once again, those wings look stellar.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • one more.......image
  • here you go. The grid is kind of nasty cuz i've been cooking chicken on there all afternoon. image
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Nice set up man! and chicken wings look killer

XLBGE 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited June 2013
    Great looking wings! Never heard of Robs but it looks like I can find some not too far away. :-bd
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA