Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fire for last nights shoulder went out. Help"

My fire went out last night on my 7.3 pound shoulder. I have it going again and the meat temp is at 126. I need to pull this off in four hours. Should I keep it low and slow at 250 or goose it to 325 and wrap in HDAF? Any other ideas? Thx!

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,540
    Bump it to 350 when it hits 140. Wrap in foil at that time.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    +1
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Got it. Thx. Will let you know the results soon.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,190
    Heck of a way to discover Turbo - but better late than never! Will all work out fine. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    What brand of Charcoal were you using?
    Cookin in Texas
  • I've been using Nature-Glo, which is just the commercial name for Royal Oak. I've been using it quite a while with good results. Big chunks and usually burns well. Pretty much like the Wicked Good. This was really odd. I had it going well last night. Sitting right on 240 for at least two hours and then went to bed. Then again, there is a first time for everything! The shoulder is up to 183 and the fire is sitting on 347. Looking good. Thanks again to all.
  • Well, that worked out to be a very, very, good shoulder. I might be doing the turbo method again. Thanks for all the support. Eggland is a great group!