Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fried Pulled Pork Cake - Looking for a Recipe

Options

I normally just eat sandwiches with my leftovers (Lexington style) but have been trying to get a little more creative lately; even made pork and slaw eggrolls a few weeks back that turned out great!

While flipping through the channels a couple of days ago I ran across a restaurant mixing pulled pork, cream cheese (and ???) then coating with flour and panko, then deep frying; looked intriguing.  Does anyone know what else might be in the mix or have a similar recipe they've done in the past?  Thanks!

Comments

• CigarSmokinEgger
    Options

If anyone is interested I finally found the episode from Unique Eats, Season 3, Episode 6 - Squeal Bar-B-Q in New Orleans.

I don't know the ratios but it's cooled pulled pork, cream cheese, sautéed onion/peppers/garlic.  Dusted with flour, dipped in milk, coated with panko then deep fried.

Topped with a chili sour cream and salsa.  I'll be trying this out when I cook a pork butt later this week :)

• CigarSmokinEgger
    Options
    Just talk with a local chef who hosts a radio show and he suggested 2 cups pork to 4 oz. cream cheese.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    CigarSmokinEgger please post your cook and the how to. once you try it sounds interesting 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Everyone posting in the "want to lose weight" thread is not having a good day thanks to this post. Very cool idea, let us know how it goes.

MP