Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Lowcountry Boil, Steaks, Wings and Fettuccine Alfredo w/Blackened Chicken (pix)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,631

It's been one of those crazy busy work weeks that has kept me away from the forum (and Egg) for the most part.  Just wanted to check in with you guys to letcha know I'm still kickin'..;)  Missed you guys and gals.  :)

The first pic is a little off topic, but my Dad requested it for Father's Day.  It's called by a few names, but I like to call it "Lowcountry Boil," because that's what I've always called it.  It's also referred to as "Shrimp Boil" or "Frogmore Stew."  It's believed around here that this dish originated in the Frogmore Community of St. Helena Island in Beaufort County, SC.  It wasn't made on the BGE, but I at least boiled it up in a turkey cooker in my Dad's back yard.  It was definitely some good eats and a crowd pleaser.  It included Red Potatoes, fresh Corn on the Cob, Rogerwood Sausage and Shrimp.  I also threw in 2.5 pounds of Snow Crab Clusters for a special treat. 

Then the next day, my wife was craving steak, so I threw a couple Baked Taters in the oven and grilled up a couple Strip Steaks on the BGE.  I threw in some Jack Daniel's Whisky Barrel Oak Chips for a blast of smoke flavor.

Then tonight, my wife and I whipped up some Blackened Chicken along with some Fettuccine Alfredo.  My wife makes one killer Alfredo sauce.  It's some sort of Pinterest knockoff recipe of Olive Garden's Alfredo Sauce.  It is so, so good.  :)

Then I thought I'd throw in these wing pix from last week.  I forgot I had uploaded them.  They were sauced with an after-sauce of Ranch Dressing and Crystal's Wing Sauce.

The wings finished before the Sweet Tater Fries, so we ate those later.  :)  We like the frozen Alexia Spicy Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries.  They are a simple side dish and they are very good.  We like adding some freshly grated Parmesan Cheese during the last coupla minutes in the oven.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  :)

Comments