Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone ever have problems with BBQ Guru?

nealcr1
nealcr1 Posts: 198
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
I bought the Digi Q2 a week ago Thursday and the fan went out on my first cook.  They called me on Tuesday and said they would process a return and going to send me an email to ship back the fan.  I have called everyday since Tuesday and never gotten any info on how to send back the fan.  I finally sent an email yesterday, but still haven't heard anything.  Makes me regret not going with a Stoker.  Anyone else had issues?  Just dropped $300 on a unit and can't even use it.   Not cool.  Any suggestions would help.
Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup

Comments

• bakoque
    bakoque Posts: 50
    No experience with customer service, but I have had mine for 2 years with no issues.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    It could be the connection in the 1/8" power jack.  I've had one of those leads break, just soldered it back on. 
    Call 'em on Monday. Ask to speak with Kenny, the Director of Operations (last I heard). "Hatch" on the other forum, dunno if he's on here or not. I would ask that they ship you a new one now, rather than wait for yours to arrive there. But please DO send it back. :)

I spoke with him once, just had questions as a new owner. A very helpful guy. However, I have not had any issues with my Guru so I can't speak for (or against) their service/support. I do know that I have never heard of anyone having your experience.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Never had any issues with customer service or their products.  Sometimes they compete and some of them are away for several days.  Kenny is definitely a good guy to deal with.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I had a problem with mine when it was three months old -- sent the whole thing in  --  good turn around time.  One of the probes was bad.  Probably my own fault because i wasn't protecting during the cooks.  No charge, came back with a new set of probes and a explaination on how to protect them.  Now i baby them and it is three years old -- no problem and that little fan has a heck of a lot of run hours on it!.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Look what I found in my stash of emails. :)

Bob Trudnak
    Director of Sales and Marketing
    1 800 288 4878 ext. 207

I think this is the same Kenny, not sure though.

Kenny Baker
    The BBQ Guru
    800-288-4878 X254

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    The Naked Whiz said sometimes they are out doing a competition . Am sure they will take care of you 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Ok.  Looks like I will call Kenny in the morning.  Just frustrating when you call 5 times in a week and don't get a response.  Thanks guys.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup