Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Tiered Racks--

cellie
cellie Posts: 3
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
I see many pictures on this board of two tiered racks. What are the adavantages of them, what kind to you recommend, and where might be a good place to purchase one? Thank you--

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    It allows you to get more stuff on the Egg or to cook higher up in the dome away from the coals. The Adjustable Rig from Ceramic Grill Store is what I use and highly recommend. Good quality product. I've never seen the swing rack, but people seem to be happy with them

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    There is also the grid extender that allows you to take 2 grids of your own and do the same thing as the swing grate. We just had a group buy but I can still get you one at the group buy price.

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Griffin said:
    It allows you to get more stuff on the Egg or to cook higher up in the dome away from the coals. The Adjustable Rig from Ceramic Grill Store is what I use and highly recommend. Good quality product. I've never seen the swing rack, but people seem to be happy with them

+1

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Above comments are right on!!  I bought a BGE three teired grid -- that has a center post -- more surface area but the post is a PITA!!  Either way you go, consider cooking a spatchcocked chicken with a foiled pan full of chopped fresh veggies placed under the cooking chicken or another posted today, hamburgers cooking over a pan full of fresh broccoli -- that hamburger juice marinating those fresh veggies as they cook......
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806

Love my two-tier swing rack from ceramicgrillworks.com.  I wanted something that would season and to sear on similar to cast iron (this unit is low carbon steel), easy to use and to give me some added cooking space.  I've been very happy on all accounts.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    I have an XL and a Ceramic Grill Works swing grate.  Love it.

Most people seem to like what they have.  The AR people love their AR and the SwingGrate people love their SG.
  • jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    +1 for CGW swing grate.
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340

I love the my swing rack from CGW. Fits my cooking style. 

• Eggdam
    Eggdam Posts: 223
     I also would like one and can see how easy to use the swing rack would be.  I just wish someone made it in SS and with much thinner grills than the CGW version.  Anything out there like that?
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    @Eggdom the grid extender meets all of your criteria.
    Mark Annville, PA