Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• I agree with Charlie tuna.  MDB has been called out (IMO rightfully so) and it's over.  Somebody a page or two back said to "let him up" and the response he received is (paraphrased) "we did".  Yet this thing has morphed into a carnival.  Is that who we are?  

This thread is not something that represents us well to new members (of which there are many).  Lest we forget, this is a BBQ forum and is supposed to be fun.  The post that lit this firestorm was racist and ugly and most everyone recognizes it for what it was.  Do we have to keep this going?  Folks all day were eagerly anticipating the fireworks this evening and using this as high entertainment.  I myself engaged in a little humor here yesterday, but this is getting ridiculous.  IMO we would be better served if this thread just went away. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,787
    Furall said:

You have any 58 f1.2 lenses?

CZ are about as good as it gets. I have a 50/1.7 all metal Minolta, along with a 20/2.8, 28/2.8, and 2 pristine Beercans 70-210/4 and a Big Beercan as well 75-300/5.6

My only other P&S is a Sony F717 with a big CZ lense on it. Fantastic camera...
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I hate you camera freaks! Doesn't make me racist though cause I like looking at your pics.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • And by they, I mean one person.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·

And by they, I mean one person.

Thanks for clearing that up...

;)
    ·
  • FurallFurall Posts: 103
    I'm trying to convince myself I need the 21 2.8 but man its pricey. Just noticed your photos are always nice and wondered what you shot.
    ·
  • You know, in case there was any question of who the racist dumbshit was.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,760
    Furall said:

I'm trying to convince myself I need the 21 2.8 but man its pricey. Just noticed your photos are always nice and wondered what you shot.

What do you shoot?

Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony? :-?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • @hapster: the local fair photo is gorgeous!
    ·

@hapster: the local fair photo is gorgeous!

Thank you!

You are a dear :)
    ·
  • Girl_on_GrillGirl_on_Grill Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    :\">
    ·
  • khristyjeffkhristyjeff Posts: 154

Dittos hapster.  have enjoyed your other photos as well.  I design landscapes for a living and try to create a photoshop picture and completed project that looks like some of the stuff you shoot for real.  Thanks for the inspiration.  

·

Dittos hapster.  have enjoyed your other photos as well.  I design landscapes for a living and try to create a photoshop picture and completed project that looks like some of the stuff you shoot for real.  Thanks for the inspiration.  

Thank you. That is really sweet. What a nice thing to say :)

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    hapster said:
    Thank you! You are a dear :)
    Deer? Did somebody say deer? I shoot deer. With a .270. Sorry, checked out to get dinner and some damn fine bourbon thanks to Mrs. G' s boss. Let's keep it going.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Griffin said:
    hapster said:
    Thank you! You are a dear :)
    Deer? Did somebody say deer? I shoot deer. With a .270. Sorry, checked out to get dinner and some damn fine bourbon thanks to Mrs. G' s boss. Let's keep it going.
    =))
    ·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 748
    Keep what going?? I need bourbon!!
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Johnny walker flowing here who are we pissing off?
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • We live in South Carolina near Myrtle Beach, and spend a lot of weekends in Brunswick, NC along that coast. Growing up here, humidity is all I have ever known although my family has traveled to places with much less moisture. The ocean breezes and sound of the surf makes the humidity much more tolerable.
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    @2SCdoodlegg, I am not sure whether to applaud your effort to get this thread back onto its original theme (impossible at this point) or conclude that you simply read just the first post (I wouldn't blame you for not wading through all 8 pages of this one).  :))
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,064
    will MCN do his weekly update, please?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,064
    Travis' Brisket thread: 330K views 144 comments. MDB controversial thread: 6L views 240+ comments... Conclusions? 
    Race beats brisket on a BBQ forum..  Sad
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
    thetrim said:

Travis' Brisket thread: 330K views 144 comments. MDB controversial thread: 6L views 240+ comments... Conclusions? 
    Race beats brisket on a BBQ forum..  Sad

Or race beats boiled brisket on a BBQ forum. :P
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,162
    Loving this stuff today!

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,162
    By stuff, I mean the thread. Purple Haze makes it better...
    ·
  • That's some nice granite you got there, @Eggcelsior.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • Loving this stuff today! image

Hittin the strong beers early I see.

·
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 153
    edited June 2013

I guess.  If you like drinking raspberry flavored beer in a room with fine porcelain, flowers and pink walls at 10 am.  (not that there's anything wrong with drinking in the morning) 

;)   Uh-oh...does that make me racist?

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 748

Loving this stuff today!

Gotta love a coldie before 11am. Nice work!

·