Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Woohoo!! AR delivered finally!!

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,225
The wait is over.... Sort of... Got email confirmation my AR was delivered to my office yesterday. Now I just have to wait until I get home from this wedding. What is the only way I am going to my office on Sunday??? To pick up my AR!! Thanks Tom
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Awesome. So how you going to break it in?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,225
    My son turns 1 on July 2. Got both families coming to town. Probably going to do a butt and multiple racks of baby backs. Pumped. Been waiting a long time. I tried to order one a few months ago but card got denied only to find out someone compromised my bank account. Got that straight then paid for a vacation and a mini. Finally had the means to order. Really eggcited.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Oh man...that bites. Glad you got it sorted out. Sounds like you have a great plan for breaking it in.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • erbloveerblove Posts: 86
    Congrats Chubbs...still need some lessons from the Columbia vets at some point. 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
    ·
    Griffin said:

Oh man...that bites. Glad you got it sorted out. Sounds like you have a great plan for breaking it in.

Thanks Griffin. Yeah it was my fun. Second time it has happened to me too. First time I got a call from my bank asking me if I was in Tijuana!! I said "No!" They said, "well your account is being use there!". Bank didn't catch this one. I did when card got denied and I knew it wasn't possible.

Looking forward to using it. Really love Toms videos of the R&B Combo in use
    ·
  • Which one did you end up getting?
    Wiggins, MS
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 995
    Just got my AR this week also - very happy.  I cooked a simple pork loin last night as a break-in - going for brisket this weekend and add some ribs - why not, I have the room :)

Tom's video shows that he has hands of leather - pushing the hot grates around...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    My wife's hotmail was compromised a few weeks ago and we've been sh!tting bricks since she apparently kept alot of passwords stored on there  %-( Nothing yet, but the feeling sucks.
    ·
  • Congrats Chubbs! Who's gonna have more fun? Your son with his toys or you with yours?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,087
    @chubbs and @sumoconnell ;

where can I find the videos from tom? I am just as confused as hell in considering a rig/set-up.... LOL I need to see it in action to have a better understanding of what I need. 

I am just a NOOB trying to learn from the pros!!! 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
    You tube. Type in adjustable rig or ceramic grill store.
    ·

Which one did you end up getting?

Called Tom as he suggested R&B combo because already have spider and I cook a lot of ribs so the oval stone will be great
    ·
  • I got the R&B combo as well. Did you get the oval foil ring?  it was not available when I ordered.
    Wiggins, MS
    ·

I got the R&B combo as well. Did you get the oval foil ring?  it was not available when I ordered.

Nope. Figured I could make something like it myself or didn't need it. Could be wrong though. Got to order a grid extender next so may get one then
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I got a pswoo for the large and a woo and stone for the small in the mail yesterday

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • WylecyotWylecyot Posts: 102
    Chubbs, I hope you don't mind me jumping on your bandwagon.  Tom and the folks at Ceramic Grill Store were great to me!  I gave my Dad a LBGE for Papa's Day.  I really wanted to include the A/R plus I wanted a woo for the medium I picked up for myself.  The problem was that size  A/R was back ordered.  The Ceramic Grill worked with me to get a Saturday delivery once they had stock.  Made for a complete Father's Day gift! 

Great products!  Great service!  Highly recommend!
    ·