Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woohoo!! AR delivered finally!!

Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
The wait is over.... Sort of... Got email confirmation my AR was delivered to my office yesterday. Now I just have to wait until I get home from this wedding. What is the only way I am going to my office on Sunday??? To pick up my AR!! Thanks Tom
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Awesome. So how you going to break it in?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chubbs
    My son turns 1 on July 2. Got both families coming to town. Probably going to do a butt and multiple racks of baby backs. Pumped. Been waiting a long time. I tried to order one a few months ago but card got denied only to find out someone compromised my bank account. Got that straight then paid for a vacation and a mini. Finally had the means to order. Really eggcited.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Oh man...that bites. Glad you got it sorted out. Sounds like you have a great plan for breaking it in.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• erblove
    erblove Posts: 97
    Congrats Chubbs...still need some lessons from the Columbia vets at some point. 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
  • Chubbs
    Griffin said:

Oh man...that bites. Glad you got it sorted out. Sounds like you have a great plan for breaking it in.

Thanks Griffin. Yeah it was my fun. Second time it has happened to me too. First time I got a call from my bank asking me if I was in Tijuana!! I said "No!" They said, "well your account is being use there!". Bank didn't catch this one. I did when card got denied and I knew it wasn't possible.

Looking forward to using it. Really love Toms videos of the R&B Combo in use
  • Which one did you end up getting?
    Wiggins, MS
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Just got my AR this week also - very happy.  I cooked a simple pork loin last night as a break-in - going for brisket this weekend and add some ribs - why not, I have the room :)

Tom's video shows that he has hands of leather - pushing the hot grates around...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    My wife's hotmail was compromised a few weeks ago and we've been sh!tting bricks since she apparently kept alot of passwords stored on there  %-( Nothing yet, but the feeling sucks.
  • Congrats Chubbs! Who's gonna have more fun? Your son with his toys or you with yours?
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    @chubbs and @sumoconnell

where can I find the videos from tom? I am just as confused as hell in considering a rig/set-up.... LOL I need to see it in action to have a better understanding of what I need. 

I am just a NOOB trying to learn from the pros!!! 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Chubbs
    You tube. Type in adjustable rig or ceramic grill store.
  • Chubbs

Which one did you end up getting?

Called Tom as he suggested R&B combo because already have spider and I cook a lot of ribs so the oval stone will be great
  • I got the R&B combo as well. Did you get the oval foil ring?  it was not available when I ordered.
    Wiggins, MS
  • Chubbs

I got the R&B combo as well. Did you get the oval foil ring?  it was not available when I ordered.

Nope. Figured I could make something like it myself or didn't need it. Could be wrong though. Got to order a grid extender next so may get one then
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    I got a pswoo for the large and a woo and stone for the small in the mail yesterday

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Chubbs, I hope you don't mind me jumping on your bandwagon.  Tom and the folks at Ceramic Grill Store were great to me!  I gave my Dad a LBGE for Papa's Day.  I really wanted to include the A/R plus I wanted a woo for the medium I picked up for myself.  The problem was that size  A/R was back ordered.  The Ceramic Grill worked with me to get a Saturday delivery once they had stock.  Made for a complete Father's Day gift! 

Great products!  Great service!  Highly recommend!
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles