Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Post Holiday Turkey deal = FUN!

BigWaderBigWader Posts: 494

my local Costco was selling fresh turkeys after Easter.  The sticker price minus $25 for whatever size you chose.  I got two 20ish lb, birds for about $15 each.  I decided to bone them out and make turkey roasts for my new slicer.  Two birds got me two 5 lb breast roasts + 4 meaty thighs, and 4 drums for about 23 lbs of final weight plus carcass for stock

Here is the first breast roast done raised indirect on my AR rig at 350-375'F to 160 and pull to rest.  I refrigerated overnight and got to test drive my new slicer that I got for my birthday.  This one was seasoned with High Mountain Montana Steak Spice (really garlic flakes & pepper in seasoned salt).

imageimage

Large BGE

Comments