Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini Cover?

I know most Mini BGE owners bring their egg inside and just sleep with it.  

But I know there are some of you who don't .... When I do leave mine outside; I would like to cover it.  What are some unique options out there?  I am game for a stock BGE cover, but just wondering what else you guys use or can think of for a decent fit.  

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 15,808
    No cover.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,713
    5 gal bucket
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 417
    The BGE Dome cover for the LBGE is perfect for it. Check it out on BGE website. It is black.

Springram
    Spring Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,291
    Naked in northwest rain. No issues
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 346
    edited June 2013
    My mini sleeps nude like the rest of the egg family.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,711
    I bought a mini cover from Fred's BBQ. Keeps the rain off the metal parts
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    All good info here, thanks for every ones thoughts. I am leaning towards getting some sort of cover for it.  If I come up with something unique I'll keep everyone posted.  
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    Don't cover it. I'm sure you would be able to find something that might work at your Home Depot or Lowe's for a few bucks, but why bother?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • sancho65sancho65 Posts: 83
    We put our Mini in a not being used large nest and SWMBO hemmed up the cover!! So it stays covered and makes moving it around a snap!! Win Win for us!
    Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,681
    Don't bother. Mom was asking for Christmas gift ideas a few years ago. Couldn't think of much so I asked for a cover for my large. I have used it twice. 
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • sancho65sancho65 Posts: 83
    Sorry, Still trying to get posting pics down!!
    image.jpg 1.1M
    image.jpg 1.1M
    Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,593
    Put it inside the large egg :).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·