Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini Cover?

I know most Mini BGE owners bring their egg inside and just sleep with it.  

But I know there are some of you who don't .... When I do leave mine outside; I would like to cover it.  What are some unique options out there?  I am game for a stock BGE cover, but just wondering what else you guys use or can think of for a decent fit.  

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,441
    No cover.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,822
    5 gal bucket
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 420
    The BGE Dome cover for the LBGE is perfect for it. Check it out on BGE website. It is black.

Springram
    Spring Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,666
    Naked in northwest rain. No issues
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    edited June 2013
    My mini sleeps nude like the rest of the egg family.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    I bought a mini cover from Fred's BBQ. Keeps the rain off the metal parts
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    All good info here, thanks for every ones thoughts. I am leaning towards getting some sort of cover for it.  If I come up with something unique I'll keep everyone posted.  
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Don't cover it. I'm sure you would be able to find something that might work at your Home Depot or Lowe's for a few bucks, but why bother?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • sancho65sancho65 Posts: 96
    We put our Mini in a not being used large nest and SWMBO hemmed up the cover!! So it stays covered and makes moving it around a snap!! Win Win for us!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,386
    Don't bother. Mom was asking for Christmas gift ideas a few years ago. Couldn't think of much so I asked for a cover for my large. I have used it twice. 
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • sancho65sancho65 Posts: 96
    Sorry, Still trying to get posting pics down!!
    image.jpg 1.1M
    image.jpg 1.1M
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,591
    Put it inside the large egg :).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·