Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best BBQ in Lockhart?

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,108
Going to have lunch in Lockhart Saturday, which is the best BBQ...?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Blacks is the best I think, but everyone has there own likes and dislikes.
    I know Villiage Idiot also is a Blacks fan.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• If you want brisket, blacks is it. If you want sausage Smitty's and Kruez. I do not like te brisket at all at Smittys or Kreuz. You could drive another 14 miles to Luling and hit City Market for brisky. Good but still not as good as you can get right here in ATX. Their sauce is my favorite anywhere though.

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,108
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker any recommendations for ribs?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    edited June 2013
    Blacks for brisket and beef ribs.   Smitty's for sausage and when they have the pit dead on Clod at Kruez.  City market in Giddings is good too as is the City Market in Lulling and Gonzales.
    Pork ribs can be a hit or miss.  Pork seems to take second place to beef. 

Tried the q at It's All Good in Spicewood and it was pretty good.  I have pork ribs4/5 other half had brisket and that was some good melt in your mouth tender tasty beef.  We are going back just to make sure.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • ArbucklejArbucklej Posts: 90
    Blacks for brisket and city market in luling and franklin bbq in austin...tip on franklin get there early cuz they sell out quick