Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Dogs and Corn

Options
Grilled hot dogs and corn:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    Options
    Looks great. My friends sometimes ask me if it is a waste of lump to fire up the egg for just hotdogs? I tell them never. Hot dogs are great on the egg. I once fired it up just for smors for my kids. They loved them.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • freedog74
    freedog74 Posts: 63
    Options
    @fiver29 did you put the corn in water before cooking it on the egg?
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    @freedog74 no soak. They were peeled down to the last part of the husk and put on as is.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    I soak mine in the husk for about an hour or so.  Peel them back, remove the silk and lather them up with butter and sea salt.  Then pull the husks back up and cook for 12 min.  A little different but very good also.
    Milton, GA.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Lookin good! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Corn on the grill is amazing and makes me really wish we had the egg when we lived in Nebraska.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95