Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Update on my First BGE COOK

Options
JohnL
JohnL Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, all is well in eggland. I was alarmed after I checked the butt and shoulder at 7 hours and the internal temp was 160 degrees, but I just checked again at the 12.5 hour mark, the dome is still 250 degree's and the internal is at 165. What a bark, I had to try a sliver and man, what flavor and moistness. I think I'm going to get a couple hours sleep and get up at 3 am and up the temp to about 300 to finish it off hopefully about 5 or 6 am. Then on to the ribs. I can't believe I still have about half a load of lump in the egg at this point. This is the way BBQ'ing was meant to be. I'll post pics of the finished product hopefully tomorrow. So, I'll raise my glass of Pale Ale to all fellow eggers and wish everyone a very happy and safe 4th of July. [p]John

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    JohnL, way to go...all is well in eggland at your domain. Let us know the finals..:-)
    C~W[p]

• The Colonel
    Options
    JohnL, Alright--okay--sounds like you are off to a great start. A little piece of advice--don't crack the lid too often, It allows too much of that great smell into the air and Mother-in-laws show up all of a sudden, with no warning, with a plate in there hand and a lustful hungar in their eyes. Can't wait to see the pictures.
    yours in the (it's great to live in this great country)egg --The Colonel